Is this brake pinned on ? And if so how the hell do I get it off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 0

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
looks pinned. You might have to drill the pin out.
I've never seen one pinned like that (toward the bore)

Donovan

Well-Known Fanatic
I can't figure out why they would pin a 18 in barrel , I went to put on Titan I got from tony and no go . I hope it's threaded or I will be pissed.

Donovan

Well-Known Fanatic
I figured it Out I think they sent me a ban state gun we will see how good there customer service is , I have a match sat and this is going to put me in a bind

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Looks like your local dealer bought it from a wholesaler that didn't know what he was doing maybe.

dennishoddy

I'm betting this is a tapered pin? Look at it real close, and if you have some good calipers see if you can get some sort of measurement.

I have one like that and if I remember right, I emailed the manufacturer and he said to drift it from right to left.
Been too long, so email Stag and ask customer service and your done.

Artsville

Fanatic
yeah....probably a Cali rifle. Google you tube i saw a guy take a dremel and basically cut in half. Don't worry about the threads as it was sleeved. Once get the first part off you can unscrew the sleeve then screw on the new comp....

I gotta think that its a blind hole and it just ends a nominal distance into the barrel. You can probably grind it off and just stop short of the barrel, but there goes the comp.

Latest posts