Springfield M1A, heavy barrel, with mags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Springfield M1A that has what I believe is a Douglas heavy barrel, unitized gas system, and the nicest trigger you could want on an M1A. I have a 5 round mag and 5 20 round mags. The rifle also has a National Match front sight and a Sadlak mag release, and is a very accurate rifle. With my handloads, it shoots right around 1 MOA. In the picture the gun has a cheap scope mount, that wouldn't hold zero so it's gone. So this is for the rifle and mags only. Selling this rifle to get a bolt gun, I have a M1 Garand, so I don't really "need" this rifle, and want a good long range bolt gun. The stock was painted with the Krylon camo paint from WalMart.

$1350 for the gun and all 6 mags.

Possible trade interests, scoped precision rifle, in .308, or partial trades for the right scope or bolt gun etc
80d88515.jpg

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
It is a Barnett barrel and the trigger and unitizing of the front band and gas cylinder was done by me. This is a great rifle for the money!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, it is a Barnett. Barnett takes Douglas blanks and does all the turning and profiling to fit M-14/M1A, and M1. You wont find a M-14 barrel in Douglas,s catalog, kind of like Pac-nor barrels and Noveske. So yes it is a Douglas, but it came from Barnett.

Status
Not open for further replies.