Spotting Scope, Anything wrong with this?

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I have some of those. I've taken game at that range, but never busted paper. My stuff may work, just never had an opportunity to look at it at that range.
What do folks use at the 1000 yd and E class ranges?
Most of the F Class guys use Kowa spotting scopes. These cost $1,000 without the eyepiece. The cheap option for the F Class guys is the much much cheaper Konus Spotting scope. The Konus is less than $250 including eyepiece and you can see the mirage with it. The problem I have found with spotting scopes is that you have to spend over $1,000 for a scope that does everything you want it to do or go cheap and spend $250 for something that will do just most of what you need it to.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I tired a $2500+ swarovski once. I could see my .223 holes in cardboard at 300 yards. I will own one of those someday.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
My $50 Academy spotting scope will not allow me to see 5mm holes at 300yds.
Waiting for "Range Clear" to drive down is not working so well either.
This scope will focus at 50yds and the moon.
I have not seen anything like this at the range but I have had this for a long time and did not give much money for it compared to the Hi end spotting scopes I have priced.
With that much money difference I was just wondering if someone knows if these scopes will work for target pratice.
Thanks

I tried it and you should know;
The BIG is for letting in light.
I don't know what the magnification is but my guess is not more than 30x.
I guess when you move the moon closer 30 times it looks a lot bigger, but at 300yds it does not help. Not even 200yds. It was a waste of time so I wanted to post this to save someone else from wasting valuable range time.

Latest posts