Spinners

dennishoddy

Burk Cornelius said:
Doesn't need to be full. Just not improved or cylinder

posted via Tapatalk
I spun the spinner in our last match with 2 shots of fed bulk 7 1/2 with a light modified.
I think the secret for that spinner and any other target like that was to hit it at the right time in the right spot.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
dennishoddy said:
I spun the spinner in our last match with 2 shots of fed bulk 7 1/2 with a light modified.
I think the secret for that spinner and any other target like that was to hit it at the right time in the right spot.
Most problems do occur from shooting high on the spinner because the shooter peeks over his gun/sights to see how the target is reacting.

dennishoddy

Jesse Tischauser said:
Most problems do occur from shooting high on the spinner because the shooter peeks over his gun/sights to see how the target is reacting.
I heard discussions about where to hit it going on before my turn.

There can be some outlying factors like the stand is not secure to the ground or the base its sitting on, but taking those factors out, most of what I saw was shots not placed where the impact would swing the target the most. Your video demonstrated the correct area. I MIGHT have seen you shoot that swinger in the past, and some things are not forgotten.

OR3GUN

Sponsor
Jesse Tischauser said:
This is also why it is a sound strategy to shoot the top first. Many people don't remember that once in motion, the top plate is hidden from view until it rises from behind the shotgun barrel. At that point you are too late for an effective hit. Many people actually do better with the spinner if there are other targets to shoot in between because they come at it with good timing from the side, rather than lousy timing from the compromised view that comes with being camped on it.

Latest posts