Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron coated BCG

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Great review. I'm a firm believer that nickle-boron type BCG's are best suited for piston guns. I run my LWRCi pretty much bone dry. If I know I'm going to be sending 1000's of rounds, then I'll put a drop of Slip2000 EWL enough for a very thin coat and that's it.

After about a 1000's rounds on a piston gun, most of the grime around the bolt is copper fouling with just a little bit of carbon.

I would agree with this. Although I still feel some lubrication is needed with all moving parts, even NiB coated ones. It's slick, but mine is still showing wear where it contacts the receiver.

My brother has a Ruger SR556, piston gun with a chrome BCG. He hasn't sent nearly the rounds I have, probably close to 1,000. On one extended range session, maybe 300 rounds, we went back to clean the guns and he literally wiped his off. It was dirty but not caked on like you see with DI guns. I don't like piston guns but that was pretty cool. Although the gas block/piston was pretty dirty. It just wast in the BCG.

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
I liked the review too. I have a regular Spikes bcg in my ar and was curious whether the nib was worth all the extra cash. I think I would rather spend the money on ammo or extra goodies on the gun too.

Latest posts