Spectrum, formerly Time Warner Cable sucks......

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I have Spectrum internet at the house to talk to you lugs, and Roku with Philo so the missus can watch Hallmark at 9PM on Sunday nights.

But Ting fiber optic is coming soon and I will kick Spectrum to the curb with a certain glee.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
No cable or satellite @ my house either (haven't had it for years - I don't miss any of it). [emoji3577]

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm a sucker, spectrum/TW is my internet provider and Directv is my satellite service (I've been with them since around 1990)
My first dish was purchased at Radio Shack and I had to install it myself and it was cheaper ($15 month) than any other service at the time after you spent the $800 buying the dish. My biggest issue is they phased the original receivers out and now they own all the equipment but I was never reimbursed for what I paid for my "obsolete" equipment. So my $800 receiver just majically became useless and I have to RENT the new ones!!

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I use amazon fire, and have directvnow, for $30 a month.

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Forgot to mention, internet connection only. Every time TWC/Spectrum works on the lines in the right of way, I lose service. Every. Single. Time.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Mrs boatdoc declared last night( while we were trying to binge watch the Sopranos(20th anniversary of that show)) that she will NOT cancel cable.

as I pointed out to her the glitches we experienced were due to 2 things;

others servers not streaming properly and pathetic wifi. at over 200 a month for cable,internet and phone, I am not pleased.

zero options. cable is the monopoly in our area( altice is th e new name for cablevision) they have 300 channels of crap

the firebox w e use , at least gives us choices. BUT the lack of good streaming with the kodi add on is frustrating. sometimes it takes 1/2 hour to screen the servers andget a decent feed. we get video and no sound many times...