SPECS for the new Leupold Mark 6 1-6 scope

nwlr82

Well-Known Fanatic
So I spoke with the people of Leupold today and they were kind enough to send me the specs for the new Mark 6 1-6 being released around July. Here they are what do you think? I also included the new cmr recticle for the .556 . You will also see it comes in TMR which from what I can tell is like starndard mil dot but with hash marks instead of mil dots. I personally like the constant eye relief of 3.7 inches, but am a little leary of .2 mil adjustments which = around .75 of an inch at 100 meters.

Attachments

• Mark6_1-6x20mm_spec_sheet.pdf
    452.9 KB · Views: 300
  • CMR-W_5.56-.223_reticle_spec_sheet.pdf
    278.6 KB · Views: 683

NooB33

Well-Known Fanatic
General Leupold opinion- They make absolutely wonderful, durable, clear glass at, normally, an affordable comparitive price. I have a could LR/T Mark 4 scopes, and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Mark 6 opinion- I have never used it personally. I am a leupold fanatic, but even this optic is out of my price range. If you can afford the $1900 or whatever outrageous amount they are asking, then I am sure that you won't be disappointed with it. However, it is just too expensive for what you get...in my opinion at least.

The 3/4 MOA adjustments at 100 makes for very accurate shooting adjustments on the dials. That is, as long as the ammo, gun, and shooter are up to par. As far as the TMR reticle. That is the reticle I use in my Mark 4's. It makes ranging the target on an unknown distance qual a piece of cake! Much more accurate than the mil-dot in that aspect. But in 3-gun, you are probably not going to need the TMR's capabilities. And I don't know much about the CMR reticle, but it looks like there is A LOT going on. Anyways, if you make the purchase, let me know how you like it!

-Paden

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
If you're dropping $2k, get the Swaro. If you're on a budget of $1k or less, get the Bushnell and you might even consider the Bushnell no matter what your budget is. The Leupold doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the equation for me.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
If you're dropping $2k, get the Swaro. If you're on a budget of $1k or less, get the Bushnell and you might even consider the Bushnell no matter what your budget is. The Leupold doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the equation for me.

you hit the nail on the head.... they should have come in around the 900 to 1300 range,

RedRaider271

Well-Known Fanatic
http://3gunnation.com/products/leupold_vx-6_multigun

Would anyone recomend running this VX6 with SPR reticle over a SWFA with donut reticle..? I am running one right now and its ok, I sometimes wonder if Leupold above would have better glass and be worth upgrading, Any pros or cons for 3 gun....

I have always run Leupold on all of my hunting rifles, and tactical rifles and I love them. I like the new one they come out with, but like everyone else I don't see spending $2000 on one for 3 gun.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
I received a vx-6 in the mail on Thursday. So what do I do? I drop it in a Laurie spr-e mount, through it on my 3 gun rifle. Get a 25 yard zero(that's the zero that I have always ran) go to ussa on Sunday for their 3gun match. I had operator error on the long range stage. Tried something that I shouldn't have done without more range time. Anyways when I got to the hoser close range stuff it performed phenomenally. Field of view in 1x and 2x were wide and made transitions and target acquasition easy. The clarity and eye relief was awesome. As for your question of the reticle it is as good as you are comfortable with. Like someone has told me if it's comfortable for u practice the crap out of it and get good. Paraphrased a bit

RedRaider271

Well-Known Fanatic
I have done that before too... I did it at the Larue match lol, I am going to go check one out, I like the look of the vx6 reticles for close up and looks pretty good for long range, mine is good for up close at long range I am not sold on my SWFA. I may have to let it go and upgrade,

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I just sent my order for a MK6 1-6 on Monday. I ordered it on a LEO program and so far LE and Military are the only ones that will get them for now from what I have been told. It looks like it will be a good alternative to a Swaro as it's about $500 cheaper with the LE program. I like the fact that it is made in the US and will have solid customer support. I was hoping to have it for the AR15.com Pro Am but I don't think it will make it in time. I will post pics and reviews when it gets here. Here is a pretty comprehensive review that I used to finalize my decision. They did a lot more evil stuff to the scope than any of us will ever do.
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/05/08/review-leupold-mark6-1-6x20mm-riflescope/

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
Not yet. It was supposed to be here this month so I emailed Leupold and was informed that the release date was pushed back to near the end of the year. It kinda pisses me off that they have my money but now I have to wait damn near 6 months to get my scope. I wasn't going to shoot Heavy Optics until next year but I still wanted to get the scope and work up a good .308 load and shoot a couple of club matches before the years end.

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
The scope arrived monday and was mounted to the LRP-07 the next day. I will be sighting it in on Saturday so I will have a working review next week. The scope is very light and compact compared to their CQBSS. It even feels lighter than the Swaro Z6i on my .223 so I am looking forward to testing it out.
IMG_2970.jpg

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
You've got that **** right. It will debut next season. I'm working on some 110gr. loads for it now.

Latest posts