Spare magazine carrier.

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not thrilled with my Raven single may carrier for all day carry, give the height it digs into me anytime I get in/out of a car or do any lateral bending. I'd like something that carries a mag either slightly canted or more likely just deeper.

What are y'all using for a spare mag carrier?

kytac.
a comp-tac single is nice too. I hate all that raven frisbee looking stuff.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I have one that was made for me. It's modular, so I can add a second mag carrier to the front. It also carries my Surefire 6PX in the main body of the carrier. The top rides right at the belt level with soft loops, and also with the kydex loops that were made for it.

If I were buying a commercial carrier, I would look at either Armordillo Concealment or Bravo Concealment. It wouldn't hurt to email them and ask what the ride height is like on their pouches. It can be tough to judge just looking at it online.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I have a couple IWB canted mag pouches I like that were made by a one-man shop called Overwatch Holsters. I think they were about $20/pc.

idk if it's listed on their website but if you contact him he will probably make one for you

Rick S

Well-Known Fanatic
Check out the SHTF GEAR horizontal mag carrier. Very well made in America, and very comfortable.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
JHenderson said:
I'm not thrilled with my Raven single may carrier for all day carry, give the height it digs into me anytime I get in/out of a car or do any lateral bending. I'd like something that carries a mag either slightly canted or more likely just deeper.

What are y'all using for a spare mag carrier?
KyTac, but I don't know if you can still get him to make them. Wouldn't hurt to ask though. He can make them ride at whatever height you want.

Chasegibson

Well-Known Fanatic
I have become a big fan of Blue Force Gear's belt mounted mag pouches. I carry mine vertically but I am almost positive they can be carried horizontally, I have not tried that however.

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
As silly as it sounds I use a Factory glock mag pouch as the belt loops are on the side and so it fits much more flush with your body. Only mission is getting it on and off

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the idea of the comp-tac mag pouches and own a few but I don't think I would buy them again. The problem lies in the very reason I bought them. I thought that the clip on to the belt setup would be more convenient than running a belt through everytime and it was. But I find for me that when I draw my pistol my shirt will sometimes get caught between the mag pouch and the belt clip. Big problem especially when you don't even realize it happened until you are smack in the middle of a reload with your first mag on the way to the floor. This might happen 5 to 20 times out of every hundred draws and the shirt I'm wearing makes a difference too. I really have not looked into it much more. they may make a different mounting system than that. I'm still looking for a better carry mag pouch.

Latest posts