Southwest Engravers, OKC

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone in the area know if something is up with this business?

It was recommended on this forum for engraving lower receivers for NFA items.

After two weeks of calling, and a month(ish) of it being at their facility, they were supposed to ship it back ot me that day; 9-10-13.

I have still not received anything, have tried both email and calling nearly daily and have not been able to contact anyone. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Feegee

The Magic Man
If you give me the address I will go by and check for you. I am working out of town tomorrow so it won't be until wed, thurs. Call me if you want 405-208-3622

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
That woudl be great.

Cathy
1803 N Classen Blvd Oklahoma City, OK 73106
(405) 525-0011

if you do find somethign out i'm at 620.252.8138

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought it was okay if you were just shipping to them to have work done, within the same state, no different than shipping to a friend in the state.
Wouldn't it be covered in any of the following?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own state.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

When a transaction takes place between private persons who reside int eh same state, teh GCA does not require any record keeping.
18 U.S.C. §§ 922(g) and (n).

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his state, if he does not know or have reasable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under federal lay. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any state for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I was wondering if that was the issue. When they engraved mine the told me I had to stay while they completed the work, which wasn't a big deal at the time.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
well isn't that just spectacular!

Any idea on what now?

1st thought - the engraving is only being done as a business if i'm willing to pay her for the work. If she is just doing it out of the kindness of her heart then is she still considered a business for that particular item? They deal mainly in trophies and awards normally.

Now i REALLY wish they would return calls.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
How did you ship it? She may have refused to accept the package once she found out what it was. Maybe UPS has it somewhere. Just be careful how you go about asking, you were technically shipping a firearm, and it being misplaced could raise some eyebrows.

Chambers

actual GM
FWIW, I had some stuff engraved there and everything was tops. They did it while I waited and it was a good deal. Hopefully it's just an anomaly.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Chambers said:
FWIW, I had some stuff engraved there and everything was tops. They did it while I waited and it was a good deal. Hopefully it's just an anomaly.
my experience as well

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
My last contact with her was that she was returning it. Possibly she did no work to it once she found out what is was, which i'm almost hoping at this point. i did however call in advance of shipping it to tell her what it was, what i wanted, and that i would be placing instructions and contact information in the package as well. She also mentioned that their computer had crashed, so I was very understanding during our last contact.

Thinking of driving through on the wat to FB3G this weekend.

Latest posts