South African competing in 3GN Nationals

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
So I have taken the plunge and accepted my invitation to come to the 3GN Nationals in Tulsa. I think this is an awesome opportunity to shoot with some top shooters and get a taste of 3GN in the US.

I have a few questions on the trip -

Bringing Guns in:

I will hopefully be bringing my own guns over with me. I need to apply for the permit for when I arrive in the US. My AR15 is a Norinco and I know that these are not allowed to be imported into the US. Would it be an issue for my to bring mine in? This would obviously be taken out when I leave.

Im also bringing my 1301 and Glock 17 but according to the rules these are fine.

Ammo:

I will have to buy ammo when I get there as the 5kg limit wont let me bring enough in. This would mean I need sight in and make sure the ammo worked in my gun. How does it work with practicing before a match like this? Are there bays open at the range where you can do this?

General:

I will be staying in Owasso which according to google maps is close to the range

Google maps says the drive from DFW airport is around 4 hours. Is it quite a simple drive or would it take longer?

Are the roads in and around the range fine for a normal sized hatchback?

Im sure I will have some more questions as I start booking for the trip etc so I will post them on here.

Looking forward to this trip!!

Thanks in advance

Paul

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I live 2 hours from Tulsa. I'd be happy to let you run a set of my guns/gear for the match. I can have them zeroed with my ammo too. I'll get you in my squad for the match. I have a G17 even.

Shoot me a PM to discuss.

Craig Gerstner

New Fanatic
Paul, It's a great offer from Jesse & Mike. Take them up on it, plus you get squadded in a cool detail. Thanks guys , for helping out a fellow South African.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Let me know ASAP. I need to hit up Tenille for Squadding. We will have several top guys in our squad.

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
That would be great Jesse!

I am all sorted for gear like holsters, loaders etc.

Would be awesome to be in a quality detail

I'll pm you now

Full name: Paul Henkel
3GN no: 28910

I would shoot that match, just to hear some of your SA stories. alas, Im just a lowly amateur.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This thread is why 3-gun is an awesome sport. Kudos to Jesse and Mike for offering

PS: Paul take them up on it. They aren't just being nice, they mean it

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
Can you bring me a pet monkey?
We have these?

Male-olive-baboon-showing-teeth-in-threat-display.jpg

Latest posts