Something every gun owner should read

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I found this in the latest FIREARMS NEWS, very interesting reading.

When Red Dawn was released in 1984, film critics seemed like they were trying to outdo each other to convince the movie-going public that the film was not only bad, but also ludicrously improbable.

"As it stands, the film is simply too ridiculous for words," wrote one. "f nothing else, Red Dawn plays like a Reaganite masturbatory fantasy," sneered another.
For some reason, many "progressive" male movie reviewers can't seem to just talk about a movie without imposing sexual fantasies of their own (one Red Dawn review I looked at actually had a sub-section titled "Homoerotica"). Without getting too deep into psychoanalysis, I liked the movie for what it was and know plenty of others who did as well. And while we don't pretend it's the greatest cinematic masterpiece ever produced, it's managed to retain a lasting place in the public consciousness and garner enough interest to produce a 2012 remake

Last edited by a moderator:

BearGunn

New Fanatic
I found this in the latest FIREARMS NEWS, very interesting reading.

When Red Dawn was released in 1984, film critics seemed like they were trying to outdo each other to convince the movie-going public that the film was not only bad, but also ludicrously improbable.

"As it stands, the film is simply too ridiculous for words," wrote one. "f nothing else, Red Dawn plays like a Reaganite masturbatory fantasy," sneered another.
For some reason, many "progressive" male movie reviewers can't seem to just talk about a movie without imposing sexual fantasies of their own (one Red Dawn review I looked at actually had a sub-section titled "Homoerotica"). Without getting too deep into psychoanalysis, I liked the movie for what it was and know plenty of others who did as well. And while we don't pretend it's the greatest cinematic masterpiece ever produced, it's managed to retain a lasting place in the public consciousness and garner enough interest to produce a 2012 remake

I stand with you on this one, Mike. I like and respect this movie for what it is. I even own it on DVD. It's a good solid warning about complacency toward preparedness for self preservation. It's quite evident that this Nation's stance on that was quite clear in our father's/grandfather's generation - case-in-point: it's been said the Japanese Empire refrained from a land invasion of the U.S. Mainland for fear of finding a gun barrel waiting behind every blade of grass. Dang! I love having that reputation!

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Too bad destroying that reputation is the goal of the modern day democratic party! When i grew up, the working man and his family were democrats, they stood for strong religious beliefs, our freedoms, as defined in the constitution, and respect of their Flag and Country. Today, all they want are give-aways, open borders, and this sanctuary city crap, and the complete disarming of our population, so we can be good little sheep, let the career politicians suck up the wealth, and keep us in line. If these lib's ever do wake up, it will be too late to fix, I think it already is. I really feel sorry for my grand kids.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
It used to be that American media always portrayed Americans as strong.

Now, from the outside, the US looks obese, lazy, stupid and communist. This is the democrap media making us look ripe and laying the groundwork for us to be over run........no longer "a sniper behind every blade of grass" ..........it's now a fat, lazy, incompetent ***** in front of every TV set.

Hell, "our" women look more formidable than our men.......in the stupidcrat debates the only vets were women. Most American women are so fat, tatood, pierced and ugly that they would scare a scarecrow and our "men" are becoming women.

When I see women with rings in their noses I just want to hook them up to a fence..........

How much longer will the average American woman even be attractive for breeding purposes? (Except to the chinese who need comfort women for their army?)

I worry for my children.......and freedom and my country