So, it is cold out, in the 20's F......

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
My EDC doesn't change, DW A2 Commander, 2 spare mags and stuff in pockets. I'm doing some volunteer work today on a building project in a transitional and sketchy part of town. Gonna need to wear some gloves as I am not as tolerant to the cold as I was when younger.
Most work/cold weather gloves are rather bulky, that makes getting my finger in the trigger guard much more difficult. Anybody got any solutions? You know, thinner gloves that are still warm?

11094_BRN.jpg

Here is what I'm currently using, just a bit on the bulky side.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think there are any good gloves that will keep your hands nice and warm and still allow easy use of a firearm. In the winter, I prefer warmth with a glove that can be ripped off quickly.

Just about to head out the door with 4"of snow on the ground, my hands will be warm.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
plenty of tactical gloves out there. remember what you will put them through(grip checkering and cocking serrations wreck havoc on gloves and skin. you need a tough palm area and soft, flexible fingers

as kids , there were plenty of wool gloves with leather palms available. Not sure of they still make those. probably a military,police or work gear store might have them.

also look at thinsulate gloves. not sur e if they fit the bill though
good luck

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
plenty of tactical gloves out there. remember what you will put them through(grip checkering and cocking serrations wreck havoc on gloves and skin. you need a tough palm area and soft, flexible fingers

as kids , there were plenty of wool gloves with leather palms available. Not sure of they still make those. probably a military,police or work gear store might have them.

also look at thinsulate gloves. not sur e if they fit the bill though
good luck
I have tried a pair of Under Armour. They are the ones that football players wear. Mostly wide receivers. As long as we are not talking single digits or below they work real well. I have P.A.D. (Perifial Artery Disease). Loss of circulation to the extremities. They are flexible soft and you can still feel the serrations. Pick them up at Dicks or any big sports center...

TENWOLVES

Fanatic
Living here in Oregon, I find myself wearing gloves through all the cold weather months, my choice of gloves are fine calf skin, /thinner leather, but still traps the warmth of my body heat in my hands, this allows an almost natural feeling when using my gun, these gloves fit my hand well with no extra leather left at the ends of my finger tips, and they have a small tab of suede leather at the very ends of the finger tips to aid in gripping and hold, they also have wrist snaps to keep my gloves in place, sorry I haven'y any photos, but you can get the idea...you can fine gloves like these, but you do have to look for them and most importantly, try them on before buying, I haven't been too lucky buying gloves on line for this very reason...

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
The Mpact gloves are a bit bulky for my needs
The newer style, pictured, got rid of the nogahide tips on the fingers which I personally hated. With an oversized trigger guard on my M4 absolutely no issues. For close in work no issues with a 1911 or G17/20-22. Now with the M9 I have issues or any smaller frame.

If I have to turn a wrench or start messing with small bits nitrite or the such in a pocket gets it done.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh wow......did not know that.

Going to have to take a look at a pair.

Thanks for the correction/clarification

**For years, my preferred working gloves were the old school GI knit wool gloves with the right index finger and thumb tips cut off

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
No Mas! NO Mas!

We dodged a bullet here. Just 45 min. North in Louiville, not so much, .25 inch of ice.

Those pics just reminded me to get out to the shop and prep the saw and "stuff" for the truck. A tree comes down out here and your lucky a road crew makes it by within 12 hrs.