So a bit of feedback about Henry Repeating Arms....

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
So, I’ve owned a Henry Goldenboy in .22 Win Mag for about ten years, love it.
It has been flawless. Last year I added a .22 LR of the same model. Recently I bought a BigBoy steel model in .44 Mag. While these Henry’s are the smoothest lever actions I’ve ever shot, this .44 Mag model was having a few issues feeding when down to the last few shells.

I sent an e-mail to Henry’s customer service/warranty department on Thursday. A new magazine tube spring assembly arrived this afternoon. A wonderful company with a stellar product.

LPRoad

Active Fanatic
Glad to hear it. Have my eye on a couple of their lever guns whenever funds allow.

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
I have owned a Henry Golden Boy (brass) lever gun in .44 mag for about two years, and no problems whatsoever. Fun to shoot and very accurate, I use the iron sights for steel at 100 yards. I hold a charity fundraiser at our local SWAT team range every year, and two years ago I brought the Henry. Lots of guns, both pistol and rifles. The Henry was the most popular to shoot, it was a crowd pleaser. Good addition to the collection.

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
The only Henry I have is a .22mag pump, very nice little rifle, plenty accurate. Love their lever actions, just haven't gotten around to buying one.

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
A friend's wife won one of the new engraved lever actions at the friends of the NRA banquet raffle a couple of weeks ago, beautiful rifle.

kcgunner

New Fanatic
I bought a Henry Youth model .22 cal rifle last year for my grandson. We were having a lot of light firing pin strikes. I called the factory and they sent a new firing pin the next day. However, the problem was that both firing pins was too short, or the threaded channel th pin scwered into was too dee. No problem, A little epoxy in the bottom of the hole and it shoots fine. Then it started failing to extract frequently. The factory sent me a new extractor. I believe these folks really want our business!

BigJimP

New Fanatic
I've had a Big Boy model..in .357 mag for several years..Its been a solid gun, smooth action../ pictured with a Freedom Arms mod 83, single action 4 3/4" octagonal barrel...and a S&W model 27-2 4" Nickel finish....( all .357 mag )..

20161013_110414.jpg

Badabing11

Well-Known Fanatic
Thought about getting one. They are smooth as silk with nice triggers. However, I can't see the sights , and don't want to scope it.

Has anyone with older eyes tried one with an aperture rear site? I'm wondering if that would improve things.

Badabing11

Well-Known Fanatic
I’ve beeen thinking of doing that.....prescription shooting glasses help a great deal
I have RX shooting glasses Bender. I can't seem to find the sweet spot. I thought maybe a small aperture might sharpen both the front site and target .

I shot an old ranger with the peep sites and I could see the fs pretty good. I think a smaller aperture might make it better

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
Aw man. Now I really want a CCH big boy in .357 with one of those skinner sights.

Latest posts