Smith & Wesson M&P

AllAmericanBP

Fanatic
Gents, need some opinions on pistol choice. I have tested and tried several polymer pistols. My duty carry weapon is an H&K p2000 with the LEO trigger in it. Out of all the pistols that I have tested at the range, the M&P seems to be the best fit for me. My situation is this, I am debating if it would be a wiser decision to go with the M&P Pro .40 or to pick up a slightly used M&P and switch out the trigger, sights, etc. I am a DIYer and can do all the work myself. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about my battle plan for my starter COMP pistol.

NightShade

Well-Known Fanatic
The pro series will give you the option for a longer barrel/slide and slightly longer sight radius.

All things being equal I would suggest the pro series rather than modding a used standard M&P.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
I almost pulled the trigger on a pro series for my son and then I started reading all the posts about hit-or-miss accuracy. Is their quality control really that bad?

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
If you want to switch out the sights and trigger for ones you want I wouldn't spend the extra on a PRO series.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I've switched the front sights on both of my 5" pro models because I wanted a thinner FO rod and needed them a little shorter because it was shooting low.

AllAmericanBP

Fanatic
Sorry about that gents. I am going in the practical/tactical division with limited optics. Trying to not stray too far from my duty style weapon at first. Really like the way the M&P shoots and feels when its stock. Pretty sure that I will go with that platform. Really not trying to break the bank right up front.

Latest posts