Smith and Wesson CORE

White Kid

The American Reaper
I've handled the S&W M&P C.O.R.E., it's pretty slick. A bit pricey but for what you're getting, that's a good deal! Just that optic alone, which it's a Trijcon RMR, runs for about between $400 to $600 or more.
I do like how crisp the trigger is, that one the actually did good on, but other M&P trigger feel gritty to me, besides the Shield.
But anyways, it's pretty nice.

White Kid

The American Reaper
hunter_dmw12 said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_82964971771913.jpeg I love my core ya I dont intend on using it for a defensive gun however I I had to I could. Smith steped up on this one i have had this for awhile it shoots awesome.
Boy ain't that just slick! Did you put on the mag well or do some models of the CORE come like that now? I don't really keep up with S&W so I don't really know.

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
I put it on myself. Tony over at Make Ready Pro sold me all the stuff I need to make it rock. I would recommended thos gun to anyone wanting to start out with an open gun. And if you show up to the shoot and find out Jesse is in open class and dont want the a$$ whipping... you can take the dot off and roll in tac ops like us poor folks.....

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
As a Carry gun I could see it being a bit of a nuisance, but then people carry with tac lights too.

As a Home Defense gun, it should be great.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Red dot on carry guns is the hot trend in some tacticool circles. Some consider it a future standard of concealed carry.

David Bowie of Bowie Tactical along with Gabe Suarez on Warriortalk.com are probably the leading proponents. They each set up the gun a little differently.

The Trijicon RMR is the prefered optic of both.

A buddy of mine has an RMR on his FSX45. I can't find the dot fast enough yet. They say it becomes intuitive with practice.

Mike Seeklander has written extensively about it on his blog.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I carried my G17 open gun minus the comp one day. The only issue I had was the 28 round 170mm mag stick out a bit and the Magwell added too much depth. Never noticed the dot.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
jeffhughes said:
Red dot on carry guns is the hot trend in some tacticool circles. Some consider it a future standard of concealed carry.

David Bowie of Bowie Tactical along with Gabe Suarez on Warriortalk.com are probably the leading proponents. They each set up the gun a little differently.

The Trijicon RMR is the prefered optic of both.

A buddy of mine has an RMR on his FSX45. I can't find the dot fast enough yet. They say it becomes intuitive with practice.

Mike Seeklander has written extensively about it on his blog.
Exactly.

My thinking would be that if you used a red dot in competition and had a lot of practice with it, and were *fast* with it there; why wouldn't you be able to be fast with it in your house? Conversely, I wouldn't put one on my HD gun if I had never run a red dot on a handgun.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jesse Tischauser said:
Not was left out. The RMR costs $600 itself.
I wish that the RMR was for free with it!
I felt kinda stupid yesterday because I was on the S&W site and was looking at the C.O.R.E. series they have and the price for a brand new one for the 5" model is around $750, I was thinking that that was with the sight included...... :(

TravisT

Well-Known Fanatic
Decided to shoot open in 3 gun since my front sights were starting to get blurry. Decided on the CORE since it will fit standard holsters and budget considerations. Delta Point because it has one of the larger viewing areas (glass-easy to find dot as opposed to RMR, which I started with). Got the quadra porting idea from Jerry Miculek and done by Magnaport. I love it! Next upgrades will be the Apex trigger and Delta Point 2 when it comes out this year.

Attachments

• DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0113.JPG
    DSCF0113.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 0

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
Been looking at these for a minute now, I really want one, as I love shooting my 9c, but I like carrying it, as long as I am not wearing a muscle shirt, no one notices I have it. I wouldn't thing a core would be any worse, but right now where the 9c sits, the bottom of the holster ends just above my wallet pocket, and the top of the gun is only maybe 2 inches above my belt. Would that change a whole lot if I where to make the core my carry weapon? I mean is it THAT much bigger than a 9c?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
TravisT said:
Decided to shoot open in 3 gun since my front sights were starting to get blurry. Decided on the CORE since it will fit standard holsters and budget considerations. Delta Point because it has one of the larger viewing areas (glass-easy to find dot as opposed to RMR, which I started with). Got the quadra porting idea from Jerry Miculek and done by Magnaport. I love it! Next upgrades will be the Apex trigger and Delta Point 2 when it comes out this year.
Is the delta point that much easier to find/see the dot than the RMR?

How much difference did the porting make?

TravisT

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Is the delta point that much easier to find/see the dot than the RMR?

How much difference did the porting make?
For me it was, seemed the DP's "learning curve" wasn't as steep as the RMR. Also had never shot the mini red dots on pistols. I'm sure that someone with more experience with them would not have the same problem or as steep of a learning curve. Don't think there would have been a problem if I had taken more time, had both sights on hand. But was itching to jump into open and Ar Sect was around the corner, so DP on pistol and RMR on rifle

As far as the ports, at my skill level, seen a slight difference in muzzle flip. I think someone at a higher skill level probably would not seethat much of a difference, unless having to shoot major. Then of course you have to get the after market barrel that's fully supported, etc. Miculek did a couple of youtube vids showing the difference in the ported vs non ported. Again, IMHO I think the skill level of the shooter would determine if there is a notable difference or not. Hind sight being 20/20 might skip the ports and spend the money on the trigger but I already had a Mike Cyrwus trigger job!

Latest posts