Small Diameter Handguard

Ralph Elmore Jr.

Well-Known Fanatic
I know there is already a thread on light hand guards. I am more interested in a smaller diameter one. I have smaller hands and would love to get a better grip on my gun. Right now I have the Diamond head VTR that is triangle shaped. I do like it a lot but thought that maybe a smaller diameter may help me control the gun a little better.

Thanks.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Some of Midwest Industries handguards and the copies made by UTG are excellent and quite small in diameter.

bigsampson

Well-Known Fanatic
You might want to give the BCM KMR a look. Super light and pretty small in diameter.
I'm running one on an 18 inch and love it.
Will probably switch to one on my 16 inch as well.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
UTG Pro Super Slim

They make a USA made version and a foreign made version and the USA one is the one you want. The barrel but design is really simple to use and install as well.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
What gas block you running? I had to grind the inside of my Midwest to clear the Carbon Arms clamp on gas block. It would get warm as that was the exact spot I placed my support hand. (something I don't have to worry about with my Samson Evo's)

I think you would be safe with a set screw style gas block or one with a tight clamp area like the SLR products.

I have handled the SLR solo as tight as the Midwest, but I liked the feel of it better with the interrupted top rail.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
Parallax Tactical makes a couple slim handgaurds. I have their 13in keymod one, don't remember the diameter but its small and light. I'm selling the upper its on in the classifieds if you wanna see what it looks like. I'm switching to Diamondhead VRS-T because I want to go 15in... plus I think they look cool.

Latest posts