Slugs for 3-Gun?

backer

Well-Known Fanatic
It really depends on what runs the best in your shotgun. My SLP ate remington low-recoils like they were candy, not really sure what my new benelli will like yet.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
It really depends on what runs the best in your shotgun. My SLP ate remington low-recoils like they were candy, not really sure what my new benelli will like yet.
I couldn't find any low recoil slugs. So I just got the regular Winchester rifled slugs and man it makes my benelli m2 kick like crazy.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Go to SGAmmo or cheaper than dirt. They both carry a wide variety if low recoil slugs. Fiocchi, Winchester ranger, federal premium, and Remington slugger are all good. The fiocchi are probably the softest shooting of them all but they are so soft they won't run in every gun.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I couldn't find any low recoil slugs. So I just got the regular Winchester rifled slugs and man it makes my benelli m2 kick like crazy.

True dat! Out of my Nova Tactical & M2 Tactical they are nuts on though.

The Rangers are pretty accurate as well from my 24" Nova but I have only shot 5 out of it. The Federal LR seem to be fairly accurate as well, again only shot 5.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
True dat! Out of my Nova Tactical & M2 Tactical they are nuts on though.

The Rangers are pretty accurate as well from my 24" Nova but I have only shot 5 out of it. The Federal LR seem to be fairly accurate as well, again only shot 5.
I just found me some fiocchi low recoil 1oz slugs at a local gun shop. Hopefully they don't make my m2 kick like a mule.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I just found me some fiocchi low recoil 1oz slugs at a local gun shop. Hopefully they don't make my m2 kick like a mule.

Hope it functions as well. Try them with the M2 loaded up ifyou have a long tube and sidesaddle etc. To make sure it will function.

jtischauser

All my Benelli's and all others in my circle run the 7/8 oz Fiocchi just fine.

Which ones come in the yellow ten count box? I was running those religiously then I picked up a 24" gun and loaded it down with open gear and tried to shoot the yellow box slugs at Fallen Brethren without testing them. I can't believe I didn't test fire them first! Had to manually cycle every one in that first stage. Fortunately my buddy Chris always brings enough ammo to shoot at least 3 reshoots per stage do I finished with some hotter Federal slugs. I miss those fiocchi's! Damn they were like Shooting powder puffs. I think the run what 1150 fps?

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
Which ones come in the yellow ten count box? I was running those religiously then I picked up a 24" gun and loaded it down with open gear and tried to shoot the yellow box slugs at Fallen Brethren without testing them. I can't believe I didn't test fire them first! Had to manually cycle every one in that first stage. Fortunately my buddy Chris always brings enough ammo to shoot at least 3 reshoots per stage do I finished with some hotter Federal slugs. I miss those fiocchi's! Damn they were like Shooting powder puffs. I think the run what 1150 fps?
Those r the ones I got Jesse. Yellow 10round box. I hope they work. Well, I'll find out tomorrow. How's the recoil on those Remington sluggers?

jtischauser

jtischauser

The Fiocchi 1150 fps slugs are definitely the softest Shooting as per my shoulder. The Federal Hyrda Shok at 1300 fps are noticeably hotter than the 1150 or 1200 fps slugs. I don't know if I have ever shot the Fiocchi 1300 fps shells but I now plan to do so soon.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Ranger - 1200
Fed Truball -1600
Fed LR Trueball - 1300
Win Super X - 1600
K.O -1600
The above are all 1oz

Might try and pick up some of those gamer lol slugs - yellow box you say ;-) naw my luck I would try and use them in the M2, but 1150 uhmmmm lol

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I've been running the Low Recoil Federal & Wichester Rangers with no problems, other than when I tried to shoot them through my diffusion choke. I was like "did anybody see where that hit ?" way Looooooooowwwwww Leeeeeeeeeft!!!!

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I played it safe and ran the Winchester 1600 Fps slugs. I was afraid that the Fiocchi 1150 FPS wouldn't cycle in my Benelli. Then after talking to Benny Hill he told me that my Benelli would shoot those Fiocchi slugs all day long as long as they were 1 ounce.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I checked on those yeller box loads. Damn near bought full power slugs. You got to make sure that yeller box states low recoil. I wussed out. Didn't want anyone talking about my loads. Actually I wanted to make sure thegun ran and I use a different color of shell for different loads.

Latest posts