Slugs and Three Gun Question

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
I have never shot slugs before. I will hopefully be shooting my first three gun this month and see that I will need some. I'll be shooting a stock Mossburg 500 2 3/4" chamber with a modified choke. What kind of slugs do I need to get? Out here in WBGOK (West By God Oklahoma) about my only choice is Wally World so I need to get something that they stock.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Winchester 1oz slugs at Walmart will work fine, but some Low recoil loads will be much more forgiving.

Fiocci is good if you can find it.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Winchester 1oz slugs at Walmart will work fine, but some Low recoil loads will be much more forgiving.

Fiocci is good if you can find it.

You can find these for $3.27for 5, or a box of 15 for just under $10 usually at WM.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Anything below 1250-1300 fps feel best. If your shooting. A pump you can cheat and shoot those low recoil low noise shells that are like 950 fps. They aren't great for knocking over steel at 25 yards but you can shoot them fast as heck at some close targets and clays.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
You don't really shoot enough of them at a match to worry about recoil. I'm just going to the 15 pack Slugger from Wally World after my low recoil stuff is gone. It's cheap and available. Usually...

roklock

Active Fanatic
Right now I can't find anything in my area...got 200 on order of the Federal low recoil on order but they doesn't have a clue when they are coming in.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Don't shoot like a *****, and your shoulder will be just fine. Hopefully you have a recoil pad, that really makes all the difference. I don't feel that the difference between low recoil slugs and regular slugs is that great. My low-recoil Fiocchi doesn't seem any different than the generic Remington slugs I was using. Avoid 1600 FPS slugs. They allow for less hold-over, but it's totally not worth the violent recoil.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys. Looks like I will hit up Wally World and just get whatever they have in a low recoil and not worry too much if they don't have any and just get some.

dennishoddy

Mitch Gibson said:
Don't shoot like a *****, and your shoulder will be just fine. Hopefully you have a recoil pad, that really makes all the difference. I don't feel that the difference between low recoil slugs and regular slugs is that great. My low-recoil Fiocchi doesn't seem any different than the generic Remington slugs I was using. Avoid 1600 FPS slugs. They allow for less hold-over, but it's totally not worth the violent recoil.
I remember watching you shoot the 1600fps at high plains last year......they were rocking your world. LOL :D

Latest posts