SIRT laser training

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Has anyone ever used one of these? http://www.sirttraininggun.com/

I have weak hands, and one of my biggest problems is trigger control when going fast. When shooting slow, I can shoot the buttons off a shirt. When I speed up, I try to not pull the whole gun down and maintain a smooth trigger pull, but at least a few shots end up low due to me pulling the whole gun down. I don't think I am anticipating the recoil, because I am not scared of it at all, I think I just end up moving all of my fingers when I pull the trigger which pulls the muzzle down. I dry fire, but it is hard to see if it would have been a good hit when I speed up a bit. I really want to step it up this year and improve. I was wondering if this would help tell if it would have been a good hit or not while dry firing. My money right now is going towards a shotgun, so I'm not buying, just wondered if you guys had thoughts on this.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I tried one. It was cool but I think dry fire will give you the most return on your practice. Maybe work on strengthening your weak hand grip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you have the stock trigger still installed? A match trigger job will help too.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
I had a competition trigger job done to reduce the pull, reset and overtravel. I'm good when going slow enough to think about it, I just need to get it to be second nature so I will be good AND fast!

45recoil

likes to party
I would think that looking for the laser when prepping and breaking the trigger would instill bad sight picture habits, i could be wrong ss i havent tried one. Il dry fire...a lot.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Jared, that's exam what I did fooling around with one. You just gotta see the laser.

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the pro version Sirt gun and love it. Mine has a green laser that lights up when trigger is back at the wall, then red laser when you break the shot. So I've actually disabled the green laser lol!! I do like the pro version cause you can adjust the trigger to match yours. I think it's a great training tool.

The Antichrome

Jared Carpenter said:
I would think that looking for the laser when prepping and breaking the trigger would instill bad sight picture habits, i could be wrong ss i havent tried one. Il dry fire...a lot.
I won a SIRT at Double Tap a few years ago. Sold it. I would have kept it if I still shot Glocks. Its a good training tool, but I probably wouldnt spend the money for one. Its a fine dry fire tool if you cant always pull out the real gun. Dogs and cats love it.
The trigger is ok, about the same as a stock Glock.

I didnt have the site picture issues that everyone always talks about. I watched the front site, and saw the laser flash in soft focus or peripheral vision or background, pretty much the same way I see targets when I'm focused on the front sight..
After a few sessions, I noticed the laser dot didnt wiggle as much anymore. BTW, the instructions for the SIRT said not to have the dots co-witnessed with the front site. Its easy to learn not to look for the laser. I thought the green 'prep' laser indicator was useless for competition training. It would be great for 'tactical' training or even basic gun instruction, because it would tattle on anyone who had a finger on the trigger when it shouldnt be.

On 'Shooting Gallery' tonight, Bane and Mike Hughes (the SIRT inventor) were shooting at reflective targets (license plates)with SIRT guns. I thought that'd be a great way to set up drills in a garage, especially Steel Challenge drills. Hmmm. If only they made a CZ-SIRT.

Jennifer, hand strength is pretty easy to build. Put a little work into it, you wont need a SIRT.

kaiserb

Well-Known Fanatic
The Antichrome said:

On 'Shooting Gallery' tonight, Bane and Mike Hughes (the SIRT inventor) were shooting at reflective targets (license plates)with SIRT guns. I thought that'd be a great way to set up drills in a garage, especially Steel Challenge drills. Hmmm. If only they made a CZ-SIRT.

That is funny a CZ SIRT, after 2 years of hype they still do not have the long awaited M&P version of the SIRT. Although Hughes mentions that it will be out in a couple of weeks in every interview he has done in the past year.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Jesse Tischauser said:
The hardest part of dry firing is not drawing, aligning sights or doing mag changes. It's getting your ass off the couch putting on your belt and opening the safe to get your pistol. Until there is a laser that does all of that for me I don't think I need one.
This is very true. Especially since I usually have to change pants to dry fire. Hard to put a holster on yoga pants!

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
The Antichrome said:
I watched this show yesterday, it is what got me curious.

I'm not going to get one. I'm going to stick to old fashioned dry fire :)

The Antichrome

kaiserb said:
That is funny a CZ SIRT, after 2 years of hype they still do not have the long awaited M&P version of the SIRT. Although Hughes mentions that it will be out in a couple of weeks in every interview he has done in the past year.

Jesse Tischauser said:
If the Glock was selling fast enough the M&P would already be out.
My point exactly;-)

I've given up on a CZ version. I guess I wont hold my breath for a 1911 version with a changeable grip that converts it to a 2011 with a muzzle that works in a CR Speed holster...(extendable to simulate both 5" and 6" guns)

Latest posts