Silverleaf

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey fella's I'm going to have some free time so I thought I'd make a drive out to Silverleaf and see if this little 28ga shoots. This is short notice but if anyone wants to meet up out there I'm going to be there about 12:30 today. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry Dennis it was one of those **** I have time to go shoot gotta go before anyone changes my plans LOL

The little 28ga is AWESOME! just one more time I SAY AWESOME! my ability to hit targets not so much :-( I probably hit 18 or 20 birdies not my best for sure but once I find some rounds that are not #9 shot I'm pretty sure that number will climb. I did find out that the shotgun is too short for my monkey arms as while it's just a 28ga it was still a touch harsh on the cheek. I'll work on lengthing the stock to fit a bit better should help out on the hits.

I shot some wobble trap and the singles didn't stand a chance! doubles well I had some sort of brain malf. pretty sure I just got in a hurry as those #9's don't pack much of a punch past about 25-30 yards. A good friend loads 28ga with 7 1/2 shot might try to do some sweet talking and spend some time with his press.

Dennis if you want pm me your phone # and next time I head out I'll drop you a line. I'm guessing with all the Christmas stuff about to grace us it'll be January before I get back out there. If your on the fence about the 28ga just buy one! nothing like hearing the boom and no kick! shells are expensive but this little shotgun is just fun. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts