Silencerco Conquest Kit

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
R.Pullicar.jr said:
Trusts are still being processed and accepted, ruling changes go in effect usually on July 1, but because the volume of complaints and opposition was so high, they need (supposedly) more time to answer each and every comment made during the open comment period. I just sent off 2 forms for customers on a trust this week. Until they say stop, we will keep sending them. So if you already have a trust will you not be able to add any NFA items?

I would love to be able to give you the full answer but until the final ruling change by the BATFE, I don't know. We are still adding items to customer's existing trusts and they are cashing the checks at the NFA branch.

I have a feeling that the intent of the executive order puked out last year was to kill off trusts for future transfers. Time will tell.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I must have missed something. Did the ATF rule that we couldn't put class III items in a trust anymore?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
We had 2 executive orders hands down last fall. One is an attempt to close the "trust loophole" that all these felons are using to acquire NFA items. Cough bullshit cough. Basically trusts will still be allowed, but each trustee will have to get the same background check that a standard individual applicant does on a transfer including LEO sign off and fingerprinting.
http://bearingarms.com/obama-submits-two-new-executive-orders-targeting-legal-gun-owners/

The comment period ended just after the government shut down came to a close. They were flooded with comments and for what I understand it will take them longer than the July 1 date to sort through all of them and the ruling date has possibly be extended. As of right now, I have not received any new information regarding trusts and how to process them from the ATF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts