Signature food....

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Didn't want to walk all over Doc's foodie thread. How many of you have a 'signature dish'? The one that is your go to for a get together. I've got one for breakfast, and then a double-shot for lunch/dinner.
Breakfast is a fritatta. Did't know what one was for years, even though I was making them. Easy, at least for me. Bacon, sausage, beef, onions, garlic, whatever type of greens you might have, eggs, cheese.
Charro beans. Chorizo, cubes of seared beef, and bacon. Onions, garlic, peppers, beans, more peppers, more garlic. And more bacon.
Pulled Pork. I am 'required' to bring this to all family functions. A good rub and 36 hours in the smoker. Hickory with sometimes a hint of mesquite. The meat just falls apart and has a silky texture. Your favorite sauce, if you have to have it, and your tongue gonna slap your brains out gettin' all the flavor off your lips.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I am great at making eggo waffles ;) I can do toast too.

use d to make a killer pasta sauce( tomato sauce ) and meatballs. also a great clam sauce for linguini.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Breakfast is omelets, I've put darn near everything in an omelete.

Lunch, a good fish taco is darn hard to beat.

Dinner, ribs, brisket, pulled pork,.......what ever.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I am great at making eggo waffles ;) I can do toast too.

use d to make a killer pasta sauce( tomato sauce ) and meatballs. also a great clam sauce for linguini.

these days due to dietary restrictions( gi issues) I mostly grill steaks-- medium rare for me :)

gun_fan111

Fanatic
Signature breakfast dish:

adca152ed48421b52adcc1dbc1ff9eef.jpg

I am also the only one in the family that can make eggs over easy [emoji106]

Latest posts