*Sigh*... The NRA is in the news (yet, again)...

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
More bad news (again) for the NRA. Man, the left wing media (CNN, etc...) just won't let it go, and continues and continues to hound the NRA.

Somebody, somewhere, ...anywhere... has got to do something to get "His Eminence... His Royal Highness..." Wayne LaPierre to step down before he destroys the NRA from within! Mega-rich, multi-millionaire, {expletive} is so far out of touch with the common man, and everything gun owners stand for, it's ridiculous!

I've sent letters to the NRA, emailed them, posted on various comment blocks on various sites, that WLP should resign for the good of the NRA. And lastly, I won't renew my membership until he is gone.

The other org called GOA (Gun Owners of America) is looking more and more appealing to me. What do you think?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/19/politics/nra-2020-campaign/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree with you completely. LaPierre, Nugent and probably others that I don't know about need to go.

I was thinking the other day that perhaps the entire board needs to be replaced with people known for their integrity.

Sheriff54

New Fanatic
Think about the timing of this bad press... with 2020 coming quick, divide the NRA with managed Media hype and dilute the vote. We don't want anyone discouraged away from the polls and not vote! Keep your eye on the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I found another article on the internet (sorry... can't the remember link... :oops: Just go Google it like I did...). But basically, it was somewhat of an updated re-hash of the news we already knew about:

LaPierre running the NRA like a nazi dictator.
Chris Cox gets canned from the NRA-ILA.
Ollie North abruptly quits.
Hollywood actor Tom Selleck walks away from the Board of Directors and also quits.
Misc people on the B of D also either quit or "get shown the door".
ANYONE who dares to confront WLP gets the ax.

...and the latest I found in that article (I think it was Rolling Stone? -- 'cause they teased WLP by making reference to "Wayne's World"):

LaPierre has now "taken over" all media functions, news releases, interviews, etc... and will not allow anyone anywhere at anytime to talk about the NRA whether they are on the B of D or some other higher-up type of employee. Sheesh... :rolleyes:

I think this is the right link....
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/wayne-lapierre-nra-purge-861509/

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Huh.

Now, that I didn't expect. I want Nugent gone, but I never expected LaPierre to silence him.

Sounds like LaPierre is getting desperate.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
You got your info from Rolling Stone and you believe it. To be true?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't care for Rolling Stone, but, I just wanted to point out yet, another article about WLP and his shenanigans with the NRA. The {expletive} needs to go!! :mad:

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I hope I can post this on here and just say, "Oh {expletive} - this just got real!" :eek:

Another (now former) member of the NRA Board of Directors has spoken out. Owen Mills, owner of Gunsite, has broken ties with LaPierre:

http://www.savethe2a.org/open-lette...x5ct0aoBmDiNdjc_XX5rpJON1qm5MS0Fj0w_ATbFCY3OY

Ouch... All this stuff better get addressed and fixed soon, or the 2A will be in serious danger!!! :eek:

I have a weird feeling that other BOD members are going to start breaking ties with WLP, once they start "looking at the big picture".

Want to read something seriously shocking that I also found out? William A. Brewer, the NRA lawyer whose salary is paid for with NRA donations, has contributed to anti-gun candidates!! Look at all the "D's" on here!!

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-l...m+brewer&order=desc&sort=D&state=TX&zip=75201

OMG... :eek: :mad:

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Me? A democrat? Uh... %*#& NO!!!! :oops:

Never, never, never, in a million years would I ever vote democrat!!!! :mad:

Bender, I'm just a guy who tells it like it is, both good and bad, and will point fingers when necessary...

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I want to hear you on that trumpet. :)

Okay... Here's a quick clip of me playing the old time classic ballad "Here's That Rainy Day" along to an MP3 backing track, plugged into my guitar amp. I have the actual trumpet section piece of the sheet music of the arrangement. I look like a dork in the video, as I am wearing my "band glasses", which are a weaker pair of common reading glasses, so I can see the sheet music from 3' away...

Wolfstar

New Fanatic
I agree with you completely. LaPierre, Nugent and probably others that I don't know about need to go.

I was thinking the other day that perhaps the entire board needs to be replaced with people known for their integrity.
Whats wrong with Nugent? I thoughtvhe was ok.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Ted Nugent is a hell of a guitar player, rock star, etc... and has legions of fans... BUT - his approach to firearms, the 2A, the NRA, hunting/fishing/outdoors/etc... are a bit over the edge for most people.

Wolfstar

New Fanatic
I can see that. But a lot of us that do not want to give an inch on the 2A are good with him even if he isnt getting invited home for thanksgiving dinner. To me shall not infringe means what it says and is real simple english to understand. That means abolish the ATF tomorrow and get the Supreme Court to throw out the Unconstitutional Gun Control Act of 1934. While on the subject I love my Colt and Baer 45acps and 38 supers. Later

RickOShay

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm also a lifetime member of the NRA. Going back to the early 60's, anyone and everyone who had anything to do with firearms was a member of the NRA, not to be a member was akin to being anti American. Now, as I sit watching press coverage of two mass causality shootings, we need a strong NRA looking out for our rights. If Wayne LaPierre doesn't have the support of the membership, there must be a way to take some action to get him to step down. Are there any attorney's out there, or websites taking that action? I'm looking into joining other organizations, but would like the NRA to get their act together. We're going to be fighting for our rights from now til the Democrats go full on commie and take over the country. I would hope Wayne will reach down deep, and someone with integrity will take his place.

Latest posts