Sig Sauer Mosquito .22

huntingfool

Fanatic
Bought this gun last week to teach the wife to shoot. Took it to the range and it had a malfunction every mag. Took it back to Academy and the guy cleaned it and told me to shoot a certain round. He said Sig recommends oiling the individual rounds. What the Heck?
I used to have a Ruger Mark I that would shoot any cheap round I put through it. Never cleaned it, would scrape the lead build up sometimes. Anyone recommend a .22 that will eat any ammo?

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
My father in law's Mosquito couldn't cycle through an entire mag without a malfunction. We tried every type of ammo and polished the feed ramp and everything! He ended up trading it off last spring for a Smith and Wesson M&P 22. Now that gun has functioned without a problem.

Peichor

Fanatic
Get another ruger. I have a 22/45 mark II. Eats anything I put in it. Fun to shoot. Mark III's are pretty easy to find. The only difference is know of is no mag disconnect, but that's easy to fix if it bothers you.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
We bought my wife one and it took about 1100 mini mags to get it run right after that it would eat anything we put in it. Im pretty sure the book says to use the mini mag stuff for a while

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I guess I got lucky. I bought one a few years ago to use with my suppressor. It will eat CCI mini mags, standard, and blazer with out issue. I do have one mag that will cause the last round to jam but that isn't the guns fault.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
My M&P22 runs and runs. After a few hundred suppressed rounds it gets pretty dirty and sometimes won't go into battery. I usually just keep shooting it and it sometimes cleans itself off.

Latest posts