Show some 1911 love!

SureshotXD

New Fanatic
Mine started as mil spec Springfield 9mm. Mike fit the bevertail safety, Dove tail front sight coated the lower. Toothman did the bomar rear sight. Stan did the slide coating. I put all Nowlin Parts in it.

before.jpg

To this
DSCN2618.jpg

And Finally
_EPC1547.jpg

Ryan what grips are thoes?

C Hyde

Well-Known Fanatic
This may not be as fancy as some of the other guns posted. But, this was my entry level into the world of IPSC shooting. The better ones are coming in the near future. Love the competition, should of started sooner. This is a great web site or what!

Attachments

• Taurus.jpg
    Taurus.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Taurus 1911.jpg
    Taurus 1911.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 55

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been wanting to purchase a good pistol for concealed carry for quite awhile but had been spending any extra money on getting the rifle how I wanted it.

I had been wanting a Kimber TLE/RLII for the longest time until I visited a new gun shop and indoor range on Friday. After handling the Springfield Loaded Target 1911-A1, it was love at first sight.

The first thing I wanted to do was change the grip for something more ergonomic. I swapped out the G10 composite grips for a Hogue wrap-around with finger grooves and I love the way it fits my hand like a glove.

It comes equipped with performance upgrades which include a match grade forged 5" barrel, cross drilled 3-hole aluminum adjustable match grade trigger adjusted at the factory to break when 5 to 6 pounds of pressure is applied, a two piece full length guide rod, polished feed ramp, beaver tail grip safety, front and rear slide serrations, enlarged and flared ejection port, and a skeletonized hammer, and Trijicon night sights with tritium inserts.

I purchased a couple of the Kimber 8rd magazines and some Hornady TAP 200gr hollow points.

Needless to say, I can hardly wait to see how this baby shoots!

Springfield Armory Loaded Target Black Stainless 1911-A1 .45ACP

9218.jpg

9219.jpg

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Wow these sure are some nice 1911s. I want to shoot in CDP, I wish I had one too.

Wait there's this thing on my bed what is it. I'd better take a crappy iPhone picture of it.

jijjG.jpg

OMGWTFBBQ CHECK OUT THIS GUN! IT'S TIME FOR A DANCE PARTY

qm2KH.gif

Latest posts