Show some 1911 love!

Scott1

Fanatic
Nothing fancy but I like it.
87146886632993558453.jpg

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
Leighton that looks like a built gun. What is she made of?

All USGI except for the frame, its an Essex. I had Honeybee give it a full go over and put on the small ambi safety. Its just like the one I carried for several years in the Army. She rattles when you shake her, but she runs smooth.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine started as mil spec Springfield 9mm. Mike fit the bevertail safety, Dove tail front sight coated the lower. Toothman did the bomar rear sight. Stan did the slide coating. I put all Nowlin Parts in it.

And Finally
_EPC1547.jpg

That is even nicer looking (and shooting) gun in person!

Stan does good work.

264Magnum

Started out as a Kimber Tactical... and it still is. But with funky, ugly, modified grip.

DSCF1633.jpg

Phat Mike

Fanatic
View attachment 321

it's not as fancy as most of the one you guy's have but! it's still a 1911.. :) RIA C/S stock for now! I have to find somebody that you can trust to work it over :)

Attachments

• .45acp frame holder 001.jpg
    .45acp frame holder 001.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 50

Danny Tanner

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's my only one, Kimber Ultra CDP II as custom as custom gets straight from the factory! :rolleyes:

2010-09-12232040.jpg

Although I feel like a bit of a choade with it saying "Custom" and it not actually being custom anything, I do love it and feel like I could have done a lot worse with my first 1911. It's only had about 200-250 rounds down its chute so it's not even broken in yet, but has performed great so far.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Probably not a choade (nice obscure word useage BTW) They are actually a little custom with the slide melt. Although, it seems like the melt on my Pro is more severe. Mine is a Series I. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I love my CDP Pro (pictures in this thread)

BC

Here's my only one, Kimber Ultra CDP II as custom as custom gets straight from the factory! :rolleyes:

2010-09-12232040.jpg

Although I feel like a bit of a chode with it saying "Custom" and it not actually being custom anything, I do love it and feel like I could have done a lot worse with my first 1911. It's only had about 200-250 rounds down its chute so it's not even broken in yet, but has performed great so far.

Danny Tanner

Well-Known Fanatic
Probably not a choade (nice obscure word useage BTW) They are actually a little custom with the slide melt. Although, it seems like the melt on my Pro is more severe. Mine is a Series I. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I love my CDP Pro (pictures in this thread)

BC

Well I did get it for my carry gun, so I do like the carry melt. After I break it in I'll get a better feel for what I would like to upgrade in it.

I saw yours and I like it. I almost went with the Compact CDP, and even though it's only a couple of ounces lighter, I wanted to go as lightweight as I could.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I like the compact also. Officers sized grip but with the 4" barrel.

There is a Series 1 Ultra CDP for sale on "another forum" but it is a tad bit high. I would love to own it.

Well I did get it for my carry gun, so I do like the carry melt. After I break it in I'll get a better feel for what I would like to upgrade in it.

I saw yours and I like it. I almost went with the Compact CDP, and even though it's only a couple of ounces lighter, I wanted to go as lightweight as I could.

Rolando

Active Fanatic
Dan Wesson Commandrr Bobtail 2009 (back when they were more of a bargain)

Clark Custom trigger job and checkered mainspring

grips from thefinergrain.com

PB150092.jpg

Latest posts