Shooting range that rents

jgodfrey

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know of a store or range in the upstate that will let you shoot a gun to see if it will work for you? My girlfriend just get her cwp and likes the feel of a Ruger LC380. I've never owned or fired one and thought it would be wise for her to shoot it before buying. I think Allen Arms rents but don't know if they have the LC380. If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Allen arms and sharpshooters range both rent pistols and rifles. I think rental is 10-12$ + ammo. I don't recalled if either range carries the lc380. Sharpshooters has more pistols allen arms has more rifles. I would just call sense you have an ideal on what you want. If you get a membership to sharpshooters you get free range rentals. If you don't get an answer let me know and I will stop by on my way home from work.

jgodfrey

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks! I'll give them a call. 10-12 bucks is a small price to pay for piece of mind about a gun purchase.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey jgodfrey!

Great to hear that your girlfriend got her CWP. Good for her.

Thought I would throw this out there: I have a membership to Sharpshooters and still have the 6 free guest passes they gave me when I purchased the membership before their grand opening. They all expire in December. My little boy goes back to school next week and I will be free M-F from 8:30ish to 11:30ish each morning. I'd be happy to meet y'all there and save you a few bucks? As a member I can also rent guns for free (just need to buy the ammo from the them).

Don't know if they even have the LC380 to rent but I thought I would extend the offer anyway. Give me a good reason to hit the range as well ;)

Feel free to pm me if your up for it.

Nonetheless, best of luck to you and your girlfriend in your weapons research!

Johoevasmatrix

Well-Known Fanatic
Lc380 is that rugar's version of keltec p3at which is a 380. If so I have shot both and they both are similar. The reason I say this is if the range does not have a ruger they might have a keltec. Good luck.

Tedge

Well-Known Fanatic
Johoevasmatrix said:
Lc380 is that rugar's version of keltec p3at which is a 380. If so I have shot both and they both are similar. The reason I say this is if the range does not have a ruger they might have a keltec. Good luck.
From what I've read, the LC380 is the same size as the LC9, but chambered in 380. That would make the LC380 closer to the Kel-Tec PF9. Here's a huge pic that shows the size difference between the LCP and LC380/LC9
http://rugerpistolforums.com/forums/att ... p-size.jpg