Shooting Glasses

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
This may have needed to go in the Semi-Pro section but I thought I would put this out there for everyone. I'm starting to figure out the safety glasses don't always work! the LR stage Sat the dang things kept sliding down my nose and that seems to be a bad thing while shooting iron sights LOL I think it's time to step up and get a good set of shooting glasses that actually fit and stay where they are supposed too. Trick is I'd rather not have to donate plasma for 3 months to afford them :

What are your thoughts and suggestions on good quality shooting glasses? should I just go to my eye Doc and have him set me up or is there a better method? I'm getting older and the eyes aren't what they used to be so sooner or later might have to get a script so that will have to be in the play of things also. I'd like to hear your suggestions and comments on the ones you have or have had before. Thanks! Later,

Kirk

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
e799be30.jpg

when style, quality, and pure class matter i recommend a pair of "game changers"

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I am not a "Pro", nor a "Semi-Pro", hell I didn't even sign up as an Amature, BUT....I do have two eyes so maybe I can help. If you need perscription glasses go with Decot. I get nothing from Decot except the glasses that I pay for, but you will find them on THE winningest shooters in America. Don't mess around go with the best first!

If you just need a good safety glass set, I really recomend the Bolle Tactical line. They far out strip all the safety requierments, they are very light weight, they are astoundingly clear, and while I have never had a pair "slip around" they also come with a strap to hold them in place right in the box they come in.. I've got 3 pairs if you would like to try them when I get back.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Right now I don't need a scrip but I'm sure it's just around the corner which SUCKS! I found with the safety glasses and shooting prone they would slide just enough that I would be looking thru the thicker part and things would get all funky. I'd just like to get something that fits and stays where it should granted I might loose an excuse for my terrible shooting at least I'll be able to see my misses.

I'll check the ones you have mentioned when I get home Uncle Kurt and I'd love to check out those Bolle when you get back, good reason to have a beer and cigar! Thanks guys I appreciate it. Later,

Kirk

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I like my Oakleys if you are LEO/Fire/EMS/Mil you can sign up for their gov sales website just need an ID. I have a pair of ballistic M Frames they came with 2 lenses clear and smoke, both are really clear and i have never had problems with them moving on me. They also offer prescription lenses.

P.E. Kelley

Well-Known Fanatic
Another Decot wearer here. I have both the HyWyde and the Revel's

May not look as cool as our 80's man JT but they work for me.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If you need perscription glasses go with Decot. I get nothing from Decot except the glasses that I pay for, but you will find them on THE winningest shooters in America. Don't mess around go with the best first!

Damn! They should pay you to wear those things. Heck they should pay everyone willing to wear them. Lol! :)

Copper01

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought ESS ICE glasses last fall. They are probably the most comfortable safety glasses I've worn that stay put. There is a prescription insert available for them that I haven't tried yet. The nice thing about an insert is that you can just remove the insert when/if you wear contacts. For me that was important since I wear contacts for most of the action pistol stuff but have to wear prescription glasses for Bullseye.

http://www.esseyepro...151_detail.html

They ran about $60 on amazon with 3 lenses (Clear, Charcoal and Amber) and hardside case. I'll probably pick up an insert before my next optometrist appt.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I wear a set of Decot revels. They wrap around the ear and fit very snugly. They don't slip around no matter how much I move around.

The company was very nice to deal with and I used a certificate that was on a prize table, so they support matches if that's important to you.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Digging around the interwebs seems those Decot glasses are rather well spoken about, not the sexiest looking glasses but who cares I don't see me being on TV anytime soon. I figure I'll search and do some research on the Bolle, Oakley, Rudy, and Decot. I wonder if a call to my eye doc he could hook me up? probably wouldn't hurt to talk to him anyway.

Are there any places in Okc that carry the Decot glasses? I didn't see anything on thier site about dealers. Guys I figure when it comes to the eyes and what vision I have probably best to not go and be a cheap ass! Later,

Kirk

Mac MacDonald

GunZoo
What are your thoughts and suggestions on good quality shooting glasses? should I just go to my eye Doc and have him set me up or is there a better method? I'm getting older and the eyes aren't what they used to be so sooner or later might have to get a script so that will have to be in the play of things also. I'd like to hear your suggestions and comments on the ones you have or have had before. Thanks! Later,

Kirk

I wear prescription Oakley Fuel Cell sunglasses. They are awesome. They are high-impact lenses and completely cover my eyes. If you dont wear your prescription glasses you can get the them for less than $100. Not a bad deal.

Link to them (I don't wear white ones. LOL!) http://www.oakley.com/products/6417?promotion_id=6&cm_mmc=google-semsearch-_-brand-products-men-sunglasses-_-fuel-cell-_-%5boakley%20fuel%20cell%5d

Pic of me being an all-around bada$$ in my Oakleys: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524215_10150709889518295_592483294_220412020_1850541522_n.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
When I told my wife I was getting a pair of Decots she was glad because she knew for sure I was going Shooting and had no chance of finding a range buddy girlfriend.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm kinda partial to my Rudys. The photochromic ImpactX lenses are astoundingly clear all the way across the lense and if color matched to your FO color they really make it pop. I have red, golf (green) and clear which just tint up like a regular sunglasses color which are nice for indoors. They are as far as I can tell totally tintless inside but get the darkest of them all outside in bright sun. Those Italians have some mean juju when it comes to lenses, kinda like the German with their scope glass.
I also have a pair of Oakley Flack Jackets that are pretty good.

You said cheap, but I'm not sure there is such an animal in quality impact resistant sunglasses.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Scott in general I'm cheap BUT when it comes to my eyes I've been down the cheap scope road once and boys and girls ain't going down that road again!

I don't know if there is a place in town that carries any of these glasses or it's an order on-line thing but I'd sure like to take a look before I dump some cash. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts