Shoot / No Shoot: allahu akbar

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This might not be politically correct, but many reports have been made about a [terror] attack being carried immediately after this phrase was yelled out. (including a police officer in Philadelphia)

So the question is, at what point is your life in imminent danger if you see and hear someone yelling allahu akbar? Or is it?

The typical "standard" of your life being in imminent danger might be changing with the times

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I believe so

I'll see if I can find the story later when I have more time.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang it Tony I just spent 35 minutes watching crazy stupid jokes :p

The way the world is today not sure if I'd shoot but pretty sure I'd have my pistol handy JUST in case something decided to go South. Later,

Kirk

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
One could make a hell of an defense to prosecution if witnesses verified the war cry. I'd be ready to shoot but would have to identify a weapon or explosive device.

Seeing the video Wall posted, I'd be chasing that dude down and restraining until police arrived. That is a stupid, stupid, thing for that guy to do.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
You can't shoot when somebody yells it. Even if someone yells "I'm going to kill you", if he isn't demonstrating the means or attempt, he's not a legitimate threat. It would certainly cause me to operate with a higher level observation, but you aren't justified in presenting or using deadly force just because someone says Aloha Snackbar.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
David Marlow said:
You can't shoot when somebody yells it. Even if someone yells "I'm going to kill you", if he isn't demonstrating the means or attempt, he's not a legitimate threat. It would certainly cause me to operate with a higher level observation, but you aren't justified in presenting or using deadly force just because someone says Aloha Snackbar.
One of the few times I will admit to agreeing with you. :eek:nthequiet:

The problem is, the amount of time needed to assess and make the proper decision is very short

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
One of the few times I will admit to agreeing with you. :eek:nthequiet:

The problem is, the amount of time needed to assess and make the proper decision is very short
One of the few times you'll admit it, but we both know it happens constantly. I complete you, Burk. I am the yin to your yang, the peanut to your butter, the fromunda to your cheese.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
dennishoddy said:
If somebody shot that idiot running at them with a bag getting ready to throw it, and I was on the jury, the shooter would walk. I would make life so miserable for every bleeding heart snowflake in that jury room that they would agree with me.
Screw that dumb ass ****.
Hear, hear!

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
If somebody shot that idiot running at them with a bag getting ready to throw it, and I was on the jury, the shooter would walk. I would make life so miserable for every bleeding heart snowflake in that jury room that they would agree with me.
Screw that dumb ass ****.
Can I get an amen?! Testify my brother! In my best televangelist voice.... In all seriousness yea that's funny **** but, not in lieu of what's transpired in the recent years it would have been a good joke in the 1990s but if that happened to me with my family in close proximity I'd pray to God Mr. Hoddy was appointed to the jury on my case.

Latest posts