Sheesh... Here in VA, we have Gov Northam wanting to ban ANYTHING over 10 rounds of ammo

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Good God, who would ever imagine a mild mannered, gentle, former pediatrician, would go totally over the edge, against the 2A, and against everything every firearm owner believes!! :mad:

Anyone owning ANYTHING that can hold over 10 rounds of ammo - would be deemed illegal!! :mad:

I guess my childhood little Marlin .22 semi-auto that I've had since I was 14 will become illegal! :mad:

What a {censored}!!! :mad:

https://therepublicanstandard.com/n...JHxYTILoqTDL5no0XIt0g4dntrqijMe8J4obuSOrQs9Ck

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/newsroom/all-releases/2019/january/headline-837540-en.html

https://freebeacon.com/issues/repub...s-vow-to-fight-va-govs-gun-control-proposals/

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Seriously.... Check it out...

"Delegate Kathy Tran and Senator Adam Ebbin will patron legislation to ban the sale, purchase, possession, and transport of assault firearms in the Commonwealth. The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition."

How can we politely say "MOLON LABE".... :mad:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
(oops, did not read all the text...)

Expect a lot of gun control/ban stuff the near future.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
People need to get active! I try so hard to get my friends I talk to all the time to pitch in and call their elected officials and contribute or support organizations to help this fight and they agree and "oh that's a great idea!" But then never do it!
If every person who believes in the 2nd would put forth a little effort and not just in Election Day this crap would but get any footing!
Get involved!!

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I always thought Virginia was a "red state" -- at least back in the late 90's when I retired from the USCG! Slowly, little by little, it got bluer and bluer.

NOVA (Northern VA) and the entire state of VA is just the same thing as in New York. Go to mapquest or Google maps or whatever for a quick second... Check out both Virginia and New York. Zoom out if you have to.

Virginia --- Anything above Fredericksburg extending all the way up to DC is consistently democrat, left wing, and anti-gun. Meanwhile the whole rest of the state (except Richmond, VA Beach/Norfolk/Portsmouth) is primarily right wing and pro gun.

New York --- *sigh*... What can I say? Take a look at NY if you want. Look at I-84 going across the lower section of NY around Newburgh and so on. Now, take that whole entire area extending down to NYC, and chop it off. Let it drift away into the ocean for all I care (and I'm a former NY'er!!). That whole area of lower NY controls the whole entire state! It's like a massive sized area of Northern VA but yet loaded with Yankees!

What has happened to our country? Is there a way to go back in time to, say, 1964? Your mom drove a 1962 Ford Falcon, your dad had a pickup truck with a 3 speed on the column and a shotgun in the rear window. The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. Times were great back then! Nobody was offended or afraid of even looking at a gun!!!

Soybean

New Fanatic
I always thought Virginia was a "red state" -- at least back in the late 90's when I retired from the USCG! Slowly, little by little, it got bluer and bluer.

NOVA (Northern VA) and the entire state of VA is just the same thing as in New York. Go to mapquest or Google maps or whatever for a quick second... Check out both Virginia and New York. Zoom out if you have to.

Virginia --- Anything above Fredericksburg extending all the way up to DC is consistently democrat, left wing, and anti-gun. Meanwhile the whole rest of the state (except Richmond, VA Beach/Norfolk/Portsmouth) is primarily right wing and pro gun.

New York --- *sigh*... What can I say? Take a look at NY if you want. Look at I-84 going across the lower section of NY around Newburgh and so on. Now, take that whole entire area extending down to NYC, and chop it off. Let it drift away into the ocean for all I care (and I'm a former NY'er!!). That whole area of lower NY controls the whole entire state! It's like a massive sized area of Northern VA but yet loaded with Yankees!

What has happened to our country? Is there a way to go back in time to, say, 1964? Your mom drove a 1962 Ford Falcon, your dad had a pickup truck with a 3 speed on the column and a shotgun in the rear window. The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. Times were great back then! Nobody was offended or afraid of even looking at a gun!!!

I am a cajun (coonass) from Louisiana that grew up in the 50's and 60's and I feel like I grew up in the best times that this country has seen. Thing started ginging to hell in a handbasket while I was in college from 1946 to January of 1969and got called up for induction into the military in mid January of 1969 but was unable to pass the physical and was ready to go to Viet Nam to see if I could make it but was unable to pass the physical. I watched the hippies back then and little did I know that they would become the Democratic party of today that has managed to bring the greatest country in the history of the world down to what it has now become. However, I remember my history teacher in high school read a statement of Nikita Kruschev's that went something like this, but I don't think exactly, as he represented the communist Russians when he said that 'they would bring us down without ever firing a shot.'
I wish that I had a copy of the communist manifesto because it listed over 40 things that they would promote or work on and over half of them have been completed and they are working for the communists, progressives, democrats, liberals, or whatever names they have used to change and hide there agenda while they are laughing at the weakened Americans we have become by spoiling ourselves, our kids, and our grandkids fighting among ourselves while turning our backs on God, Christianity and the things that our forefathers believed in and loved and died trying to preserve them for the weak spoiled nonappreciative asses that we have become. We have no one but ourselves to blame and I am now too old at 72 to fight for our freedoms but I damn sure will die trying to do what I can against the best politicians that money can buy, ours ! the elected politician, or should I say the older professional and crooked one do not care about the average American, but only their power, influence, and money that they are too stupid to know will be taken away from them. I hope and feel that I will be dead by the time that all of this happens but I have plenty of guns and ammunition, and I hope the guts to fight to the end to protect what my ancestors fought and died for me to keep and enjoy. Thank you for listening to a crazy but proud old man.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
that is pathetic Butch. even worse..from what I have been told...a city in Michigan wants to ban anything semi auto. we need to fight back. NRA-ILA,GOA and others will help if we fund them. thos e of us stuck in dementocrap states are doomed though--so it seems

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The US will eventually end in another Civil War or go the ways of England

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. I keep hoping for signs of sanity in our gubment, don't see much, plenty of crazy though.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm pretty sure that if Hitler were in office today, 1) He would be a democrat, 2) He would push a ban on ALL guns, 3) forget three, it'd be too late to fix by then. These clowns don't get in office by themselves, our neighbors are putting them there.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
we already have that BS law and now the dumbocraps want to tax ammo 50%. it never stops raining bs in this state(CT)

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
One really needs to think, is it the politicians that are driving change or the demoncrapt voters?
Who is REALLY to blame for this? A state that votes in these leftist liberals is only going to go the way of the voters. At some point, all hope will be lost and the willof the people will drive change.

Like it or not, its just the way it is.