Sharing?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
jd138 said:
This might be an odd question, but I am an odd person, so it fits:
Is it acceptable to share gear with my son during a uspsa match (given the pistol stays in the holster and we just swap the gun belt, with everything on it, back and forth)?
it's fine but you'll have to do it in the safe area.
A better option would be to bag the gun after each course of fire. Then you wouldn't have to find a safe area to swap the belt back & forth.

jd138

Fanatic
Wall said:
it's fine but you'll have to do it in the safe area.
A better option would be to bag the gun after each course of fire. Then you wouldn't have to find a safe area to swap the belt back & forth.
Awesome, thank you.

farmrboy

New Fanatic
Once the match starts, one isn't allowed to have their gun out of the holster except at the start line or safe zone. Better check with the SO at your range for how they want it done.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
What I usually do is take all the ammo off my belt after I've shot and place it on my cart, then walk to the safe table with my daughter and place the pistol on the safe table then give her the belt and she re-holsters the gun then goes back to the cart to get mags.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Matt Rigsby said:
What I usually do is take all the ammo off my belt after I've shot and place it on my cart, then walk to the safe table with my daughter and place the pistol on the safe table then give her the belt and she re-holsters the gun then goes back to the cart to get mags.
This is how I have seen it done. Works fairly well, as long as you make sure the person you are sharing with are a few shooters apart.

No one you know have an extra pistol you can use? I have a pretty bone stock Glock that I take with when I am sharing gear. I have extra mag pouches so I each of us can have our own belt and pistol.

Latest posts