Senator Inhofe on KFOR

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
Having known Sen. Inhoff for many years, and after many gun and reloading discussions with his son who is an avid collector, I'm confident the shooting community concerns and his beliefs are aligned. Due to the volume of inquiries and inhoff's insistence that all inquiries receive a response, form letters are a necessity.

Keep reminding him but rest assured he ardently defends the 2nd amendment. As a skilled politician not everything is as it seems on the surface and that holds true on both sides of the aisle.

Or concern should be towards Colburn as he is more likely IMHO to waiver.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy

PDN

Well-Known Fanatic
I received my "canned" response from Senator Imhofe's office today. Its a little disapointing when you take the time to write a very personal letter and plea to the Senator. :-(

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Thumper said:
I received my "canned" response from Senator Imhofe's office today. Its a little disapointing when you take the time to write a very personal letter and plea to the Senator.
Plus, in about two months you will get a printed "canned" response mailed to you on official letterhead and all!

Reactions: PDN

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
It is my understanding that they keep good statistics of what topics constituents send in and their requested position.

They receives hundreds of inquiries a day when things are slow. Probably thousands now with the hysteria.

What if Inhoff is saying he is willing to discuss limited capacity mags because it would be difficult in today's political environment for a representative of the people to say they were unwilling to discuss any change? He isn't saying he will support, only that it may be worth a discussion. I'm willing to bet that after that discussion he will conclude that no benefit exists for limiting mag capacity.

Time to allow the political storm to pass is our ally. Taking a no compromise stance TODAY (with emphasis) is not going to help us win this war. Expect some casualties. But friends of the constitution are unlikely to show all their cards yet. So while my mixed metaphors are weak, no good poker player, attorney or politician is going to show their full strategy this early in the process.

nanotech9

Fanatic
Just sent him a letter myself...

How about going down in person and talking to these people? I only work a mile away from the capitol...

Just a friendly conversation since its hard to judge what they believe from an interview... and sometimes one-on-one conversations stand out as being more genuine... that people care enough to come to him and explain their concerns.

We have that kind of access to our elected officials don't we?

Latest posts