Screwed up royally !

landshark069

Active Fanatic
I shot IPSC at H&H last Sunday. On the long stage, I got halfway through and came to two targets with a no-shoot white target in the middle. Don't know what happened, but my sights settled right in the center of the white target and I couldn't stop myself and popped it. I KNEW not to shoot it but couldn't stop myself !! I shot the other two, but was so rattled I completely ignored one of the four remaining targets. WTF !!!! All I could do was laugh !!!!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
did you do a walkthrough?? that seems to help me quite a bit... i usually try to do 3 walkthroughs before i shoot..

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I chalk this kind of thing up to match experience. lol... I used to have a hard time with this too, but learning to disregard the no-shoot targets and aiming at what I want to hit instead is helping a ton. It's a lot like hitting a golf ball over a water hazard. lol.

Shooter116

Fanatic
I am not sure if it help everyone but it does seem to help me. Kirsch in his book Thinking Practical Shooting says never to think "I am not going to shoot the no-shoot" but to instead picture perfect shots on the shoot targets. Once I changed that mindset, I shoot a hell of a lot fewer no-shoots. I agree fully with the walk though until you have it memorized suggestion. Never watch the competitor immediately before you either. If you are like me you will repeat their mistakes or make a last minute change to your plan that never goes well.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I shot IPSC at H&H last Sunday. On the long stage, I got halfway through and came to two targets with a no-shoot white target in the middle. Don't know what happened, but my sights settled right in the center of the white target and I couldn't stop myself and popped it. I KNEW not to shoot it but couldn't stop myself !! I shot the other two, but was so rattled I completely ignored one of the four remaining targets. WTF !!!! All I could do was laugh !!!!

I know RIck appreciates his year-old mistake being brought back to the front :rofl: