Scope Torque Wrench recomendation

RedRaider271

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been looking for a good all around torque wrench so that I can install my own optics properly. Back in the day i used to just bolt them up and shoot them..... so i am trying to do it the right way, anyone have any experience or ideas on what wrench to look at,​

I see several online that are not variable, the fixed ones are just 15in/pnds or 25 in/pds etc. Based on my research and different scope manuf. require different torque ratings on the mounts and the rings. I have seen one thats like 1-75in/pnds, for like $185, anyways I was curious what everyone else uses??​

RedRaider271

Well-Known Fanatic
Im reinstalling my SWFA 1-4 on a JP mount, is do you know if 20in/lbs is to much for the ring screws??

Jeremy Haynes

Well-Known Fanatic
How do you like the SS 1-4?

As far as the torque, im not sure... But i did find 2 different torque drivers on Amazon for right around $50.00

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I got one of these. It seems fairly well made and works good.

http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/wheeler-engineering/catalog.asp?product=fat-wrench

RedRaider271

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like the scope... it seems like a great design for 3 gun, just have to get it mounted, I bought a Larue mount for it and hope to install and start shooting it soon,

Latest posts