SC Constitutional Carry and Open Carry

dennishoddy

Just an update, we have Constitutional Carry in South Carolina now a bit later than everyone else, but at least we got it before Florida.

Refer to this for details:
https://www.sled.sc.gov/forms/regulatory/Constitutional Carry Guidance.pdf
That's awesome! We have had Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma now for about 7 years. There has been a decline in crime, no gun owners have been busted for "printing" while concealed carrying by "alarmed citizens", yet you never see anyone with a hog leg on their hip.
Most realize that open carry is a right and not a strategic method to carry a firearm.
I've walked up behind a couple of folks that were open carrying in a store, close enough to snatch their firearm away from them in a holster that offers zero retention capabilities. Nice looking hand tooled leather holster, but it's one to be worn when the BBQ guns are to be displayed at occasions where like-minded individuals display their finery.

nightstryke

Well-Known Fanatic
That's awesome! We have had Constitutional Carry in Oklahoma now for about 7 years. There has been a decline in crime, no gun owners have been busted for "printing" while concealed carrying by "alarmed citizens", yet you never see anyone with a hog leg on their hip.
Most realize that open carry is a right and not a strategic method to carry a firearm.
I've walked up behind a couple of folks that were open carrying in a store, close enough to snatch their firearm away from them in a holster that offers zero retention capabilities. Nice looking hand tooled leather holster, but it's one to be worn when the BBQ guns are to be displayed at occasions where like-minded individuals display their finery.
Well I still have my CWP and I don't intend to let it lapse just because we have Constitutional Carry. Remember just because your State has Constitutional Carry doesn't mean you don't need proof or a permit when visiting another state even if they have reciprocity, reason being your Constitutional Carry stops the minute you cross the border to another state that may not have it. Though if you're traveling the "Free" part of America most likely the State will have Reciprocity so if you have your permit you're covered. This is just a friendly reminder to everyone.

dennishoddy

Well I still have my CWP and I don't intend to let it lapse just because we have Constitutional Carry. Remember just because your State has Constitutional Carry doesn't mean you don't need proof or a permit when visiting another state even if they have reciprocity, reason being your Constitutional Carry stops the minute you cross the border to another state that may not have it. Though if you're traveling the "Free" part of America most likely the State will have Reciprocity so if you have your permit you're covered. This is just a friendly reminder to everyone.
Thats the very reason I renewed my CCL. We travel in an RV, 7 months out of the year, passing through almost 20 states over the last couple of years.
Plus, in Oklahoma, if one has a concealed carry license, and want to purchase a firearm the buyer has to fill out the 4473, show their CCL and walk out the door. No call to the feds required.

Latest posts