Samson Evolution or AP Customs Tactical

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Throwing this one out there. Looking at the Samson Evolution 15 inch and the AP Customs Tactical 15 inch. Which one to go with?

I am replacing my 10 inch Samson Evolution, so I am kinda leaning towards the Samson but figured I would toss the question out there and see if I should possible change my mind.

I am not too concerned with how they mount. The Samson is definitely the easiest in my opinion, but I am not worried about taking the barrel nut off to mount the AP Customs handguard.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
Samson. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber handguards. I've heard stories of them splintering and winding up in the hand.
I've ran the same AP handguard for 2 years with absolutely Zero problems.
No breaking, splintering, cracking, melting etc.
I shoot matches all year round Spring, summer, fall & winter.
I don't baby my guns, I expect them to hold up or get replaced.

That said, I have other riffles with the Sampson handguard & really like it as well.
You can't go wrong with either one.

shooterrdy

Active Fanatic
AP if AP makes it you need it for 3 Gun. Its really that simple other brands are nice and Samson does spend money in the sport but AP makes Kick A%# Gear.

They are releasing a new series of Carbon Hand Guard right now so check em out and grab some of their shot caddies also you will Love em.

used Mine for nearly a year now and it does not get babied and its don't show a scratch. super light makes the gun balance at the mag well not the gas block.

Riftweaver

New Fanatic
I have been using and selling the Samson's for some time. I can not speak of the AP line as I have not tried them myself (my bad). All of my customers are very happy with the Samson products and the company is nothing but top notch when I deal with them.

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the Samson Evo, plus you can get different versions that are slightly different than the original. They make an Evo for Rainier and 556 Tactical.

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks everyone. I picked up the 15 inch Samson from friend at work that didn't care for the length with his 16 inch barrel. Great deal couldn't pass it up.

Latest posts