Samson DMR Scope Mount.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I have been running the new Samson Manufacturing DMR scope mount on my 3 gun optic rifle this year. The model I am using is the 30mm with 2” offset. I have a Bushnell 1-6.5 Tactical Elite mounted up and I am impressed with both units.

A little bit about the DMR scope mount; it is built using 6061 T6 aluminum and incorporates the R.A.M. (Rotary Actuated Mount) quick mount system. My version (2” with 30mm rings) weighs in about 9.6 ounces. The mount is available in ring sizes 1”, 30mm, 34mm and soon 35mm. Offsets from 0’, 2’ and 3” are also offered. Color options are also on the way. Centerline height is 1.5”. The finish on the mount is good, clean and doesn’t look heavy.

Samson claims that the R.A.M. system will return the scope to zero once it is removed and reinstalled. I have tested this several times going to and from matches. I have taken the scope off, crammed it in the case with another rifle and gear. Once at my destinations, I reinstall the mount to the previous spot on my upper. The scope is still on target with no noticeable point of impact shift.

A few things I noticed about this mount that make it stand out over other companies offerings. First, the rings did not need honed. Clamping down the rings to the scope and torqueing them tight left no uneven marks on the tube like I have had in the past. They held tight. Second, the rings have the screw holes reinforced with heli-coils. If you have ever cross-threaded a carbon steel machine screw in an expensive aluminum part, you can instantly see the advantage of this.

Samson also installs the same heli-coiled in their hand guards. Third, the R.A.M. mount is user adjustable. We all know that not all companies machine their uppers to the exact same specs and some even vary within a single manufacturer. The R.A.M. can be adjusted for tension with spring locking detents on the backside. No tools required! This ensures a consistent grip that is repeated with each removal and installation.

I have run many other scope mounts in the past, from my first Armalite 1” Cantilever to the Larue LT-139/VFZ. One thing I have learned over the years, you don’t skimp on the scope mount. You want a device that will securely cradle the optic and not shift your point of impact when it matters most. This Samson DMR meets those requirements.

There is also a video review on my Youtube Channel. Click Here to view!

Latest posts