Safety in Movie Theaters

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Many movie theaters have a no guns policy, as does the local one. There's not a normal no guns sign, but a printed sign that covers their policy about the right to search bags and this and that and says firearms are not allowed. Concealed means concealed and I won't go to a theater unarmed.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
The Warren in Moore says "no open carry" so I take that as CC is dandy.
Penn Square Mall has a no guns sign at the entrance to the mall, but nothing at the theatre.
No matter which theatre I go to, my Kahr is with me.

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
Quail springs AMC, there is a very small "no firearms" sticker, very low on the glass right at the entrance to the theatre lobby. You have to really be looking for it. Almost appears as though it's not meant to be seen.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Stan Nance said:
Quail springs AMC, there is a very small "no firearms" sticker, very low on the glass right at the entrance to the theatre lobby. You have to really be looking for it. Almost appears as though it's not meant to be seen.
Sounds just like what 7-11 has

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Was Arm everyone an option?

Who actually pays attention to those no gun signs.

I do.....................................................................

Said no one ever.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
You would have to put a gun to my head to get me in a movie theater, I got tired of the the rude asses that can get into them many years ago.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty much no gun in the bank or doc's office. The 7-11 by my house has taken the no gun stickers off the doors, they knew I carried but know me... I was hanging up one of those car things when you donate to MDA and it was seen but the lady said she knew anyway and told me thank you :-O I'd just rather be ready in case! I don't expect anything bad to happen but just in case I like to be prepared which I think that is all of us. Later,

Kirk

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
Gun with me all the time, however due to the quality of movies and the actors insistence on declaring their stupidity on political issues has made my appearances at movies theaters a rarity theses days.

dennishoddy

Its not illegal in Oklahoma to CC in a business that has a no gun zone on the door. Its only illegal if they ask you to leave and you don't. Then you have violated the law.

dennishoddy

Kirk Smith (ksmirk) said:
Pretty much no gun in the bank or doc's office.
Primary areas where I carry mine. Banks, Doc offices and the place I get a hair cut that has 8 beautiful ladies that work there.

That is where a lot of crimes are going to occur. Hospitals is another. Lots of areas with women getting a divorce and mad husbands. Easy to look up on the net.

LoganbillJ

Sponsor
dennishoddy said:
Its not illegal in Oklahoma to CC in a business that has a no gun zone on the door. Its only illegal if they ask you to leave and you don't. Then you have violated the law.
Same here in Missouri as well.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
In FL, a company can post a no guns allowed sign, but you don't have to obey it. We don't have open carry unless you are fishing, hunting, or camping. I won't go to a theater that doesn't allow guns though. Honestly I try not to go anywhere that doesn't allow guns.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I voted...for whatever good it'll do.

As for us it's the same as anywhere else: Carry a gun, but also carry a flashlight and spare mag. Lastly, know how many steps/rows to the front and rear exits. My wife also currently slings a diaper bag so it's very easy to carry a TQ and pressure dressing...so we do. Dangerous Liberty, brothers and sisters.

As for metal detectors: Remember that James Holmes went into the theater prior to showtime and wedged open the fire door. He then went outside while the movie ran, geared up, and came back in through that same door. So, metal detectors. Great f@#cking idea. "Security" is also almost always synonymous with "illusion".

best practice is a flashlight 24/7. I use a small one whenever I leave the house day or night. If its the evening or afternoon and I am going out to dinner or something,and ill be out clost to or past sundown, Ill bring a full power one with a ton of lumens. I think its probably more important than a gun, overall

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree with that. Shooting at an indoor match in Lubbock, one of the stages was in the dark, with a flash light. WOW! What an eye opening experience that was. If you've never experienced that, do yourself a favor and do it. Not only the difference in target acquisition and identification, but also manipulating your light while handling and firing your weapon,,,,,completely new skill sets.

Latest posts