Ruger Ruger SR1911

pistolpete

Active Fanatic
I have a Ruger CMD, one of my favorite shooters. Had Boo Coo problems, Ruger even replaced the first one, had to send it in the 2nd for warranty repair. Finally tho it's a great shooter. I did install a small Colt safety and a Colt sear spring, filed down the front sight to make it shoot to point of aim. Now it's a heck of a gun.

Dusty Stone

New Fanatic
Very nice, I have the Cmd model, bought used.

DSCF3473.jpg

Last edited:

jbenedetto2

Fanatic
My Ruger SR1911 in 10mm. Love it. A few thousand rounds with ZERO problems.

Attachments

• 20200418_123632.jpg
    20200418_123632.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 2

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I guess since this thread has been reopened, @ThePlumber the CCP ruger cmdr is just outstanding. Always did like Joe Cs work over of the Ruger 1911. Congratulations to all, the Ruger is a solid choice

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't seen a Ruger 1911 for sale in the wild here locally for quite some time. I'm not really in the market but always have a bit of an "itch" for a well purchased 1911.
When Ruger finally did produce their 1911, everyone wondered when Ruger would join in, it was also very hard to locate for purchase. They were always on a waiting list. And for good reason, solid Ruger build. solid Ruger CS if needed, no firing pin safety. well fit. And very affordable a decade ago, not sure on price these days.
Joe Chambers @CCP did a great in depth review on the Ruger 1911. While not without some not quite to spec issues, Joe C gave the Ruger a good grade for an affordable, base American made 1911.

Mike Moser

Active Fanatic
My Ruger LW Commander 45acp seems to have thin grips which are okay.The gun seems to recoil much harder than a full weight govt model.I have avg medium sized hands might look into so aftermarket grips to mitigate some of that recoil.I carry mine in a Vedder AIWB .

Latest posts