Ruger Ruger Custom Shop

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like Ruger just got into the "custom shop" game. I don't see a broad à la carte menu of options like SACS used to have ... it appears that they just offer one pre-built 1911 and a nice looking 10/22 for the time being. Too bad, but I think this is a positive step for Ruger. Maybe they will have more build flexibility in the future.

https://ruger.com/micros/customShop/

sr1911.jpg

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
2500$ for a Ruger um no.. Idc who's name is on the side a Ruger isn't worth that IMO. You can buy and Ed Brown for that money. One would think they would at least put a semi fitted GS and TS for that price.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
You can't get a price tag, unless you ask for it.

Still, Ruger is going to have to be creative to get the branding for custom. I think the 10/22 is a great place to start IMO.

SparkyAZ

Well-Known Fanatic
Intersting that they started off with a 9mm instead of 45acp. I will keep any eye on them but at a price point of $2500 they had better hit it out of the park from the get go...

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Intersting that they started off with a 9mm instead of 45acp. I will keep any eye on them but at a price point of $2500 they had better hit it out of the park from the get go...

From the looks of it, all I'm getting is air from their 1st swing.
But,.....Rome wasn't created in a day. There is always hope and I am sure they will improve and refine in the future.

Last edited:

mikemac

Active Fanatic
I bought my Baer for $2500 premier 2_ 1.5. They would have to go some for that quality. IMHO

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting pistol but the MSRP is WOW. It will be interesting to see what the reviews are like and maybe one of my shooty buddies with a LOT more money than I will buy one and I will get to shoot it.

Joe C

Pass the mustard
Custom Builder
Wonder what the barrel fit is like for that much money?

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Interesting, but way to spendy. Even the 10/22, $899? But hey, always good to see new ideas and products.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't like to say it, however with Ruger, I won't believe they can do this right until I see it or hear about it from others whose opinions and knowledge are respected.