Rosetta Stone

TroyF

TheBearcat
Any of your guys (and gal- I think we still have one fairly active gal) have experience with Rosetta Stone? If so thoughts on it? Worth it? Easy? So easy TroyF can do it?

Long story short as I was leaving patrol a couple of years ago, it was getting hard to communicate with some people in the dirty south of OKC. I can only imagine how much more difficult it is now.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Troy,

I just got the online version. It is good and I am running thru it like poop thru a goose. Pero estudie durante unos anos cuando era un policia. But, I studied for a few years when I was a police offcier.

I used a program called Bilingual America. It was a great program and I was somewhere around 60-70 percent fluent. I could read, write and speak it well. Understanding someone talking was the difficult part. I was able to communicate with someone.

Rosetta Stone uses dynamic emersion. So, it does not explain things to you. You see pictures and it will say words and phrases and that is how you learn it. If I had not had the previous knowledge Rosetta would be frustrating for me. Only because I am a WHY person.

TroyF

TheBearcat
Steve, I vaguely recall you studying when you where on the streets. That was a lifetime ago, huh?

So, Rosetta is no bueno? Since we are very like-minded?

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve, I vaguely recall you studying when you where on the streets. That was a lifetime ago, huh?

So, Rosetta is no bueno? Since we are very like-minded?

I am enjoying it. We need to get together soon anyway. Come by the house and I will let you demo it. I have all of my Bilingual America stuff. It is packed up. But, I am sure I can find it. Bilingual America is more intense. But, I was studying it 4-5 hours a day when I was assigned to central. 6 months I was good to go. Bilingual America is great but it does feel like work. Rosetta is kinda fun.

Latest posts