RIA RIA 10mm double-stack 52000 (6") or 52009 (5")?

SoyTarasbulba

New Fanatic
I want to get a 10mm RIA 1911 double stack and I was doing the research on the details of each of these models... 52000 vs 52009. RIA's website doesn't list details of the 52009 (5" version). Has it been discontinued? I'm leaning towards the 6" version (52000) since this is going to be a range gun... mostly. Opinions, suggestions, and comments, please?

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I want to get a 10mm RIA 1911 double stack and I was doing the research on the details of each of these models... 52000 vs 52009. RIA's website doesn't list details of the 52009 (5" version). Has it been discontinued? I'm leaning towards the 6" version (52000) since this is going to be a range gun... mostly. Opinions, suggestions, and comments, please?
I saw one advertised on Grab A Gun yesterday for 579, I think shipping there 8.99 or something like that so don't think discontinued but could be old stock, not sure, just me if just gonna be range gun I think 5" would be fine, hunting probably lean towards 6", 5" probably gonna be little cheaper, I have a RIA commander single stack, 4 1/4" and it shoots great, I'm sure the 5 or 6 will be awesome

BigJohn

Fanatic
I have a 52000 6" in 10mm and love it. The 6" is a beast and as accurate as any out of the box I have ever shot. I believe the 5" is still for sale just hard to find at times, I was told RIA sells more of these than the 6". Which ever you choose you will be happy with fit and quality, mine eats anything I feed it and as accurate as my Colt custom 70.

SCSCHNUR

Fanatic
I own a EAA Witness Hunter in 10mm 6 inch barrel holds 14 rounds and it is a very accurate pistol comes with a very nice hard case and couple different springs and extra magazine a really great pistol. I also owned a Glock 40 in 10 mm 6inch barrel nice gun but the EAA is more accurate and is steel. If you plan on carrying this beast better get a chest holster like Kenai.

BigJohn

Fanatic
I own a EAA Witness Hunter in 10mm 6 inch barrel holds 14 rounds and it is a very accurate pistol comes with a very nice hard case and couple different springs and extra magazine a really great pistol. I also owned a Glock 40 in 10 mm 6inch barrel nice gun but the EAA is more accurate and is steel. If you plan on carrying this beast better get a chest holster like Kenai.
It gets interesting trying to carry my RIA pro match double stack but it's worth it. I also have a glock20 but have not fired it lately, 1911 just feels and shoots much better.

SCSCHNUR

Fanatic
Steel makes the difference for sure. The EAA Hunter is very much the same shape as the 1911 as I have owned several and have a 1911 Sig Tac Ops 45 acp. I really like the Kenai chest rig it is right there when needed. I don't carry it accept in that rig as it is a large long pistol.

BigJohn

Fanatic
Steel makes the difference for sure. The EAA Hunter is very much the same shape as the 1911 as I have owned several and have a 1911 Sig Tac Ops 45 acp. I really like the Kenai chest rig it is right there when needed. I don't carry it accept in that rig as it is a large long pistol.
I am going to look into the Kenai chest rig, my RIA is also all steel, made just like a colt 1911 and with 17 rnds. 10 mm it gets heavy. It is definitely not a ccw weapon.