Chambers Custom Retired Ladies Gun

Joe C

Pass the mustard
Custom Builder
As most of you know we have a closed shop here at CCP, meaning that we don't allow a lot of visits because we are so busy. But, last year a really sweet lady came to the shop with a friend to visit Heidi and me. After talking for a bit she decided she wanted to order a new gun to celebrate her recent retirement. She said she wanted it sooner rather than later and I explained that it could be done but only if she was ok with allowing Brandon to do the actual building of the gun. She said if I trusted him that was good enough for her.

What transpired over the next few months was a great feat of teamwork of all of us in the shop to get this magnificent piece of functional artwork built for her. Brandon built the base gun with both 9mm and .38super barrels fit perfectly. Eric did sights and some of the cosmetics. Then Tadd and I finished it out with me doing the fancy cuts and helping him polish it to an absolute mirror. It came out absolutely stunning and now is on it's way for her to enjoy.

I should make mention also that Bob at Cherokee Hills Grips did an absolutely amazing job picking out the perfect set of grips for the gun. And the fit of them makes me simply smile at how good his work really is when custom grips are needed.52485249525052515252525352545255

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Hopefully, she ordered an equally nice holster to go with this masterpiece, at the same time she placed the order for the gun with you, in that such a holster will also take several months to get after ordering.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
As I've said elsewhere, congratulations to Joni and the crew at CCP! Another home run! In my limited experience with you all I highly doubt that this will be a safe queen. I don't know of a CCP gun that is...mines not. Look pretty, go bang, repeat. Maybe get oiled every so often, makes me look like a better shot than I am. I don't think that this esteemed lady needs that but it never hurts.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
As I've said elsewhere, congratulations to Joni and the crew at CCP! Another home run! In my limited experience with you all I highly doubt that this will be a safe queen. I don't know of a CCP gun that is...mines not. Look pretty, go bang, repeat. Maybe get oiled every so often, makes me look like a better shot than I am. I don't think that this esteemed lady needs that but it never hurts.

So true. Below is a picture of my CCP safe queens.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I only have a couple safe queens and only one that never gets fired. This one will definitely get as much use as I can give it. Yesterdays range trip got rained out with over 3" of it but today is looking more hopeful. The car is still mostly loaded, all I have to do is add gun cases.

Latest posts