Retention for a 3 Gun Nation holster

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
I am contemplating getting a level 2 (i think that is what its called) retention holster for 3 Gun Nation. Something like a G-code XST

I currently use a G-Code OSH and while the retention is good, i feel that I dont run as fast as I could because of the fear of the gun falling out.

How many people use a level 2 retention holster? Any pros doing it?

Thanks in advance

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
I use the Safariland ALS holster for my M&P and for my Glock for 3 Gun. Very secure holster and easy access. I use this holster for everyday duty carry while at work so I was familiar with the unlocking and draw. It is really easy to get use to, but as any holster especially security holster, practice will make it second nature.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Safariland ALS is badass. With a few minutes of serious draw practice it's just about as fast as a regular kydex holster.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm using the bladetech wrs. I wanted the extra retention when I went to the 2011. It took some breaking in and getting used to, but the spring loaded hood is slick.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I notice a lot of guys that run with there hands on the pistol to make sure it doesn't come out. Have also seen more than one person DQed for having a loaded gun fall out of the holster when sliding into a position. I used a lvl 2 hoster for 3gun until I went open. Now I use a CR Speed WSMII holster which is very secure.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a Comp-Tac International and haven't had a problem yet. I think that's what most holsters have retention screws for. I admit my experience in 3 gun is limited, but I don't really see much need for Steel Challenge-like speed in drawing the gun on a 3 gun stage.

But I am pretty dumb, so there is that.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a G Code XST on order with a duty belt adaptor. I don't run as fast as I can because I'm fat. But I still worry about retention during 3 gun. Regular Bladetech DOH for everything else.

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
i cant find the link but ask jesse t about retention. somewhere there is a video floating around of a glock bouncing off of concreate.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike wolever(hunter_dmw12) said:
i cant find the link but ask jesse t about retention. somewhere there is a video floating around of a glock bouncing off of Black Rubber Floor.
FIFY

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
Ended up going with a G-code xst so waiting for that to arrive.

Sure it will do the job

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
So some feedback on the XST

I feel I can run faster with the retention strap engaged and definitely helped at the Nationals this past weekend. Part mental I think though.

I did have one occasion where I tested the holster thoroughly, by trying to pull it out without pressing the tab, whoops

Latest posts