replacing sights on M&P40 and Benelli M2

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
On the M&P40, how hard is it to change the front sights? I'm not anything like a gunsmith and the only thing I could think I woud have to use is a bench vise. I would say I know my way around tools, but I'm also paranoid about jacking up my guns.

On the M2 with a blade front sight, what do I have to do to get some fiber optics on there?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
On the M&P40, how hard is it to change the front sights? I'm not anything like a gunsmith and the only thing I could think I woud have to use is a bench vise. I would say I know my way around tools, but I'm also paranoid about jacking up my guns.

On the M2 with a blade front sight, what do I have to do to get some fiber optics on there?

On the M&P it just pushes out with a sight pusher or a drift punch. The thing to remember is that it only goes one direction. Look for the video on dawson's website

On the M2......take it to Mike :)

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
Do yourself a favor, to preserve the state of your gun, take them bith to Mike. Had mine changed by my gunsmith after doing a lot of research on this. Good luck either way.

Walter

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Does your Benelli have a vent rib and bead or rifle sights? If it has rifle sights your SOL as far as I know. That front sight is soldered into the barrel. That is one of the reasons we all insist on a vent rib. That little front bead just unscrews. The new hi viz screws right back in. This is where mike comes in. He drills a small home I the rib and installs a roll pin do the sight is staked ad can't rotate when you ram it into a wall or catch it on the lip of the barrel.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Does your Benelli have a vent rib and bead or rifle sights? If it has rifle sights your SOL as far as I know. That front sight is soldered into the barrel. That is one of the reasons we all insist on a vent rib. That little front bead just unscrews. The new hi viz screws right back in. This is where mike comes in. He drills a small home I the rib and installs a roll pin do the sight is staked ad can't rotate when you ram it into a wall or catch it on the lip of the barrel.

Can you post a picture of that? I didn't know Mike was putting a roll pin in to keep it from moving.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic

It has the rifle sights.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It has the rifle sights.

Unless Mike or Kurt know something I don't that's what your stuck with until you get a new barrel. You can always paint a little white, green, or orange on the post to help your eye pick it up faster.

Latest posts