Remington ammo is back

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Saw this article & wondered if this might bring more ammo on to the market.
Didn't know if the plant had stopped production when the ammo division of Remington changed hands..
Hopefully, more ammo will become available, soon.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
All I need to read to convince me to buy PPU or S&B from here on.

The Remington ammunition plant, based in Lonoke, AR—now owned and operated by Vista Outdoor—is back in full operation and the added production promises some relief to the ongoing ammo shortage caused by 2020's collision between a pandemic, urban unrest and the idling of one of America's largest cartridge factories. Remington? Idling means doing nothing to help the American people!!

I did just read where the WOKE CEOs in the Firearms & Ammo biz did not hire more & call for overtime
new machinery was not even considered. These A-Holes do not care about Ammunition for Americans safety or for our 2nd amendment rights, or what you have to pay through the arse.

" In an the article they also pointed to more mundane economic reasons behind the diminished ammunition stockpiles. Those include the rising cost of raw materials in an increasingly globalized and competitive marketplace; concerns about possible over-investment during a market bubble; the costs and delays of upgrading manufacturing machinery; and the need to hire more employees to keep up with growing demand."

It's just standard Biz saying " Never let a crisis go to waste! ) Raise the prices for as long as you can get away with the big lies. They know Scared people buy more product just look at TP.

At this point I'll send my $ to PPU & many other quality makers overseas!!!

Unless you must :eek: do not reward these A-Holes for what they have been doing for decades
& yet we still come back, well not this time U Commie Hoes. ABC yes? Well ABBC as well.

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I'm having medical issues and my lovely wife brought home a Guns&Ammo magazine to take my mind off it all. Didn't know it was still in print?
But the front cover says AMMO? Shoot it up (they'll make more) seriously it said this
I thought sure they will and taxed out the a-- and likely with a form filled out.

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to disagree but all those things you mentioned DO have an impact on most businesses.
Those include the rising cost of raw materials in an increasingly globalized and competitive marketplace; concerns about possible over-investment during a market bubble; the costs and delays of upgrading manufacturing machinery; and the need to hire more employees to keep up with growing demand."
I'm glad they are once again "making" ammo and will eagerly await the arrival of same. Now.......having said that, I'll also be paying attention to what they charge for their ammo and how much is available. I figure any increase of production is a good thing....and I like to support AMERICAN Companies if possible. As always, JMHO.
TR

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
" Competitive marketplaces generally drive prices down right? ".. this is only true when supply exceeds demand.
When demand exceeds supply.. ..you know what happens.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Saw this article & wondered if this might bring more ammo on to the market.
Didn't know if the plant had stopped production when the ammo division of Remington changed hands..
Hopefully, more ammo will become available, soon.

Yeah but at what PRICE ???

davidschow

Fanatic
Went to my local Walmart today and they had a lot of Remington 22 ammo. The price was $5.64 per box of 100. That price is very close to what it was before the pandemic. Walmart and CAL Ranch have had ammo in very limited quantities during the pandemic and have been charging very close to pre-pandemic prices. If those two stores can sell at good prices then maybe the problem is with the retailer and not the manufacturer. Don't get mad at American manufacturers until you are sure they are the problem.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Wonder what would be the cost of some second hand ammo machines , and what if there were a way the 2nd patriots of this country could set up a LLC and produce and sell ammo to only its members ! Thats what we need.
Sounds good , but only problem is still the same , acquiring raw materials . Primers , powder , brass , and bullets .

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
.."only problem is still the same , acquiring raw materials . Primers , powder , brass , and bullets ."

Was reading earliertoday on a local firearm website, about how orders made back in Oct, Nov. & Dec. were starting to be filled.
This was referring to several bulk bullet purchases.. Also getting an order for brass shipped. Maybe some things are starting to get better.
I'd read elsewhere ( and it made sense ) that the low prices & sales on ammo and / or components in the past were due to manufacturers having overstock inventory. Sales were needed to lower their stock on hand.

Perhaps a reason he haven't heard of new ammo factories, or expansion of extended facilities is due to reluctance of those making ammo & components not wanting to expand to the point they are again in an over-stocked situation.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I am seeing this Remington Range ammo with an Arkansas address on it locally for $19.99 to $22.99 per 50 for FMJ. Got a few boxes, will see how they do at the range. I am not a huge fan of Remington, but I need ammo...

Latest posts