Reloading components through USSA

slider

Hired Gun
Guys, I have a question. Why can't we have the Academy order primers, powder, bullets for us as long as we pay the cost (including shipping)? It would help us feed the beasts and, in turn, we are able to shoot more and promote the Academy more. I'm certain they have an FFL and I suspect they have an 07 identifier (manufacturer) on their license. If they do, they would have better luck getting primers, etc than we do trying to scrounge stuff up. Same thing for ammo for the folks who don't reload. They could order ammo for us like Jesse does with the group buys from Red River. The Academy is our major sponsor after all and it would be little to no cost for the Academy. Thoughts?

I just spoke with Charles and Andrew up front and they said;
1)The type 06 identifier is for manufacturing ammunition. (which USSA does not have) 07 is for the manufacture of firearms.
2)The insurance would have to change and premiums would go up to cover USSA to stock powder and primers.
3)No License is needed to stock components but the HAZMAT Freight Charge is pretty steep.

DonC

grumpy old fat man
JW...not really sure how this works but i think what CK is asking is to have USSA amke the purchases for us and not really stock for sale to the general public.

I'll get back with the guys in the morning and see what we can do. The storing of the components until they are picked up are my only concern, unless we can time it perfect and have someone pick it all up at the delivery date. I'll see what are options are.

slider

Hired Gun
Uh, I assume since the Academy sells ammunition, they would already be set up to properly store it in the vault or wherever they currently store it in compliance with OSHA. It was just a thought guys, if we did a group buy it would be a good deal. I'm gonna pass on reading OSHA regs, I read enough **** every day.

Alrighty then let's get a list going! We are not on an allocation list from any of our distributors for powder and primers, but we will do what we can, so if you guys know of a place that stocks what you want then we'll go from there.

slider

Hired Gun
I'd be interested in 10K CCI Small Pistol Primers, 5K Winchester Large Rifle Primers and 4 lbs of Vhitavouri N-310 powder.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
perhaps i'm confused on the details of this group buy, but where exactly are we getting components? I currently have 103,000 primers on backorder at $26/1000 from one place. Who knows how long it will take to fill it so i don't mind changing the order over or even supporting a local business but are we actually going to be able to get components? Is there a price list?
Chris Hodgdon mentioned last week that they were over a month behind on all powder orders leaving his facility.
Just a lot of questions to be answered before i commint to buying through this group buy/USSA buy.

JDBrum

Active Fanatic
We're just having fun wishing we had somewhere to order from...

Ryan, why 103k? Why not an even 100 or 105? ;). I'm changing my order to 11k

I know I'm a smart ass!! Just having fun!

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
because anyone can order 100K
actually I plan on shooting every one of them up so it is split between the two I need, small pistol and small rifle. The other 3K go toward hunting rounds.

11k is still to round, pick up a few extra and go 11,200, maybe even tape the last 2 boxes together so they spill across the floor when you pull them apart....yes that is experience.

Latest posts