Redneck "Match Saver"

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Well, I bought a match saver shell holder for my shotgun. But when I went to install it, it wouldn't hold a shell. The gap was way too wide. I tried to squeeze it down and it broke in half. Anyway, I'm sitting here looking at this thing, thinking I can make one of these out of something. So, after looking around the shop, I ended up with this as a final product. Thoughts?

Any guesses to what I made it out of?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 21

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
they look like they can be easily copied with 3/4 pex

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I used 3/4 shark bite pex. Works perfect. She'll doesn't move under recoil like some have claimed happens with the factory job.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
mike cyrwus said:
I want to see pics after a bolt handle sets one of those off.
I know you keep saying that Mike, but I don't see how that could happen unless you mounted it in completely the wrong place. Even if it slips back, it would completely fall out before it got far enough back for the bolt handle to hit it. What am I missing?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
DoctorJJ said:
I know you keep saying that Mike, but I don't see how that could happen unless you mounted it in completely the wrong place. Even if it slips back, it would completely fall out before it got far enough back for the bolt handle to hit it. What am I missing?

I think on the M2 the caddy rides higher. On my M1, it is mounted lower like yours.

Latest posts