Red Versus Green Front Sight

MarkCh

Well-Known Fanatic
My red fiber optic fell out of my front sight this weekend (Glock 17). When I was putting in a new piece, it got me thinking about the fact that fiber optic is available in both red and green. Which do you guys use, and why do you choose that color. I'm happy with red, but haven't tried the green. Now I'm wondering if I should try it? I use the gun to shoot 3-gun, along with a little USPSA and IDPA. Thanks for any input.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I used green before I switched to open. Stood out more for me. I have 3 dot sights on my shotgun with red rear and green front. I have heard of a few guys that shoot 3gun Nation matches were they use the red and black targets like they do on the pro series talk about switching out to green so it will stand out more against the red target.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Red versus green; it all depends if one prefers starboard or port. But if one is colorblind it makes no difference, does it?

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to have red, but have been running green recently. I feel that my eye picks up the green better. Could just be me, but I'm sticking with green for now.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Started with red. Went with green for a trick-of-day, and would never go back to red. Red is dim and slow. Green is bright and fast.

I wanna go fast!

MarkCh

Well-Known Fanatic
Sure appreciate the input. As I expected, a mixed bag of comments. No way to find out what I like best but to try it both ways.

I recently switched back to red and like it better. You just have to try them both and see what suits you. I went to green because that's what was on my shotgun so I thought it might help if they matched. I noticed that the green seemed to dim faster with residue after shooting a few stages. Remember to clean it during a match occasionally to keep it bright

striped1

Well-Known Fanatic
Dux-R-Us said:
Red versus green; it all depends if one prefers starboard or port. But if one is colorblind it makes no difference, does it?
actually it does if one is red/green color blind. I am. Of the two I would use a green because it stands out better for me as I don't see red as well.

Mitch Gibson said:
Started with red. Went with green for a trick-of-day, and would never go back to red. Red is dim and slow. Green is bright and fast.

I wanna go fast!
never say never in this game. you may get very used to seeing that green up there.

Latest posts