Red dots

rum4

Active Fanatic
Anyone using a red dot on their pistols? I've got a Holosun 509t on my VP9 and a Holosun 507t on my P365. It'sa learning curve but so far I'm trying to figure out why I waited so long to do it.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
I have Trijicon SRO's on my Glock G40 and FN FNX-45. Red dot sights on a pistol is definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
There's even a company making a very low profile reddot that replaces the rear sight on a Glock for carry purposes.

Howland

Fanatic
For those of us with older eyes, I consider red dots to be a Godsend, whether it projects a beam on the target or just an image like an RMR. It allows you to focus your eyes on the target instead of the front sight blade.

My CWP instructor was very derogatory about them but he was in his thirties. He'll learn.

rum4

Active Fanatic
@Howland you need to find a new instructor if you ask me. Those that talk the dot down haven't given them a good most times

Howland

Fanatic
CWP is one and done. I won't be needing it again. Plus, I'd been carrying daily since he was in diapers. I didn't take anything too seriously that day.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
@rum4 I can tell you that the FNX45 Tactical is my favorite CF suppressor host. It's big and bulky but if you have larger hands / longer fingers its comfortable.

Pretty sure Paco would state the same and IIRC his was the first example I ever shot.

Latest posts